Sodus Point to Olcott

Shade

I am bringing my new used boat from Sodus Point to Olcott on Saturday 4/24. This is my first time running a boat this far so I am asking for any adise or comments to help me along. If you can tell me how much fuel I will be consuming and a traveling time frame that would be helpful. I am running twin 350's on a 30' Cruiser with a flybridge. I want to try and keep the boat at around 3000 RPMs or 18 - 20 mph. Thank you in advance for any help you send my way.

Howie

I am doing the same trip tomorrow. I have done this a lot. You should expect a gallon a mile or so just keep your engines cruising so your 4 barrels are not open. At 3000 rpm you should be fine. It is a 73 mile trip give or take. So about 73 gallons of fuel. This is a great oportunity for you to figure out your fuel burn. Start full and record your hour meter. Then fill when you arrive. Most of all just relax and enjoy the Lake and how big it is. Boats are made to run you will be impressed by the time you arrive. I will run my twin 305's at 3300 or 24-26 nmph, you will pickup speed as you burn off fuel. It is 73 miles if you follow your GPS, if you follow the shoreline it will be much longer as you will want to cut off Rochester and run straight.

It is also a good idea to leave a float plan with somebody, time you leave, and an ETA once you get up and running. It will take me about 3.5 hrs dock to dock. I like it better from Sodus then when I leave from Mexico Pt at 123 mile run! :o

Good Luck and be Safe! Let us know how you made out.

Brian

Shade,

How was your trip? I came down friday, it was a little lumpy when I pulled out of Sodus the first 25 miles was a little bumpy but all in all a great trip. I got some great fuel numbers on my boat. I burned 70 gallons in 76 miles or 20 gallons an hour with both engines at 3350. That works out to 10 gallons an hour per motor at 24 miles an hour. Not bad for a pair of Holly Carb 305 Volvo's.

I was very impressed at the lack of Debris!! I passed maybe 3 things that could hurt a boat. The best was a 55 gallon drum floating just under the surface! It made a nice bird perch! :clap: I would say there is hardly anything out there right now!!!

Brian

I did not make it. Blew the port side tranny :(:(:(

Will get the cost today :@:@

Check out the selling items section....try to sell some spare gear to help pay for tranny.

Shade