Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Traveling Circus

May 1, Daughter "#1", Bird #2

We worked 2 birds off the roost 1st thing, but with little interest, and things got pretty quiet at 7:30..... We never heard another gobble all morning. I'm sure 80+ degrees wasn't helping much......At 11:30..... 3 birds were purring back and forth about 100 yards out, and at 11:45 3 of these guys walked into a slate call, but only 2 made it out..... She made a nice 30 yard shot and tipped him over. The quote of the morning...."Man! I forgot how hard those shells kick!" It's her second bird..... Back at it again in the morning with daughter "#2". I do love this time of year.

NgNMr.jpg

Nice job.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] mobile.png

Thanks for the kind replies.....

They're both good kids and they're my "boys".....

This morning #2 and I sat about 75 yards from a pair of gobbling birds..... they flew down and went away.. ;( ... We chased and set up, chased and set up..... chased and set up..... and then had a pair of big boys come to about 60 yards. They gobbled to every sound we made, but wouldn't close..... I was certain one of them would commit.... and then a bird behind us alarmed :o , two deer crashed by at 15 yards and it was over.... once again, no gobbles late in the day..... last gobble about 9 AM.... big fun!

Woods are very green..... and black flies are just starting to go to work.....

...and dont forget the mosquitos!