OOPS Did not realize the pro am was this weekend... !!!!!!!!

Pro am was busy out there no question, on saturday 26th but was able to get out among the armada of boats and fish the am hours between 7 and 11. went out to 250 feet just of the lakeside park area and ws into some actoin with small coho at all levels between 80 feet and the suface. Nothing big but the bigger fish seem to be in the higher column. Took two on nk28 green and chartreuse. one on a pirate orange gold black ribs.

several knock offs on the planers untill a nice one that broke off :roll: rebels /chartruese and yozuri crystals were the hot bill of fare on the boards. A nicw start to the season. Lots of heavy coolers coming into the boat ramps too :P

Ran out early this morning, set up at 180 FOW, 2 miles west. Ran 2 orange stingers on the planer board with splitshots and immediately hooked 2 cohos. Riggers with green flasher/ mirage fly were responsible for 8 fish including a 18 pound king. A few other fish on slider dipsies and fixed dipsies. All in all, it was a good day. We had 2 kids with us and they had a great first experience with the cohos. caught most of our fish within one mile of our set up.

Jim, I am kinda of new to this salmon thing. What size split

shot and how far above the spoon do you place them for coho?

How far back off the boards do you run them? Is this a spring

pattern only? Any help appreciated.

Bill

Bill,

I am not sure what size the shot was, about 1/8" in dia. I was using 2 of them, just enough to get the spoon to sink a few feet. I placed them about 4' in from of the spoon. and ran the spoon 150 off the big boards. I don't have leadcore or copper rods (yet..) so this about the best I can do for surface action in the spring.

Went out late today 5/28 just started to set up and then the outboard started boging and quit......... CRAP :shock: Stupid O ring was bad at the coupling to the fuel line and was not a ready fix so no fishing today but the wind came up anyway and we would have had to come off soon. However there were some nice fish coming in at the ramps so they are still hammerin ;) Will go out tomorrow and see if the motor will run THIS time :roll: Good luck

skipper

this report is a bit late but went out 5/29 after getting the engine problems worked out and hit the area out from lakeside beach at 190 feet and boated four coho and one king, kept three of the five. One coho appeared to have the VHS disease and bled profusly from the hook wound in the mouth. The blood congealed on the deck immediatly and turned hard, and it had a huge nasty open sore on the tail along with a deterorated dorsal and tail. One salmon was so small it did not trip the rigger and took another lure on the opposit rigger :shock: That was one hungry fish :? no wonder they grow so fast. conditions were clear water temp was 52 to 54 on the inside of the flow 48 well inside the flow, and lots of debris, watch out for large trees. saw one that was carrying a whole flock of seagulls :roll: Trolled flatlines in the wash 150 feet with yozuri crystal minnow and riggers were doing well set at 45 30 25. Kind of a slow pick but steady from 7am to 2pm. mostly from 52 degrees. Didn't matter much about the color or size or kind of spoons, they liked them all at 2.4 to 2.6 on the GPS. Maybe get out this weekend. Skipper out