Pro Am Open division

Looks like the lobbying done last year to change to a more realistic end time for the open division fell on deaf ears. (Rule is Open div competitors must be in line to weigh by 12 noon).

for me it is simply not worth it to take the time to participate if I have to be pulling lines at 11 AM. Guess I will just skip it again this year.

Like LS said, you can start as early in the morning as you want in the open division. Your fishing time is really up to you. Leave the dock at 4:30 and you'll have a solid 6+ hours of fishing, not to mention you get a huge jump on the am's and pro's, who have to start later. Besides, it's a lot of fun !!!!!

Think about it.....

We did it last year on the Sunday of the orleans pro-am and I think we were fishing very shortly after 5am. We fished till a little after 11am. Docked the boat and drove to the Oak by noon w/ no problem. We had a good time and would do it again. This year I do have the time to fish the whole weekend and will be fishing the pro-am.

Btw: Yes a 1pm weigh-in would've been nice, but if I do it again, noon is fine.

You gotta start early and get the lines set in those predawn hours. I think if you fish that division you need to take full advantage of the time frame they give you and start as early as you can.