Waves: 0-2ft

Surface Temp: 61'

LAT/LONG (GPS Cords):

===============

FISHING RESULTS

===============

Total Hits: 4

Total Boated:3

Species Breakdown:1 King (Thanks guys) 13lbs, 2 either coho or Atlantics? and 1 mediocre Rainbow spit the hook at the net

Hot Lure: Bleeding Olive off the Lead Core took 3. Green Splatter Spin Doctor/A-TOM-IK Aqua fly took 1

Trolling Speed: 2.5-3mph

Down Speed: Probe isn't cooperating

Boat Depth: 85-110fow

Lure Depth: 30-50ft

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

====================

The biggest of the bunch put on a spectacular aerial show. Beautiful day to be on the water. Just enough breeze to keep the bugs and the sweat off and make a light chop. We marked a lot of Lakers at the bottom but they wouldn't take ANYTHING i threw at em. A fair amount of fish marked in the 30-50ft range

fkSvS.jpg

Nice job,

Agree it's a chinook. Based on your trolling speed, you might have been a little fast for lakers.....but that's just my 2 pennies....

Thanks for your post,

- Chris

For some reason I can't zoom in on your pics (I think it's blocked my my employer) but the top pic looks like a chinook to me. I can't zoom in on the bottom pic to see more detail.....

- Chris

I believe both of the bottom ones are Coho's. Look at the shape of the anal fins. They don't taper back enough to be a King. I have a great paper on identifying some of the fish on the great lakes. If I can find it tonight, I will try to scan it and put it up here.

fdny76,

Something that helps in identifying the Atlantics is the shape of the spots. The spots are very irregular shaped. Some of them almost make an "X" shape. Do a search on here for Altantic and look at some of the pictures, especially the ones with close ups of fresh fish. You can see the irregular shaped spots.

Mickey Finn,

You're probably right, I just can't see anything other than the thumbnail detail and I can't see the tail for spot patterns. For me:

1.) To tell a coho from a chinook, I usually look at the spots on the bottom of the tail and the colors of the gums

2.) To tell a steelhead from anything, I look for all white gums

3.) To tell an Atlantic from a very silver brown, I look at the tail and the pattern of the spots themselves (the x-pattern)

Here's a cheat sheet page I often use (no ID for Atlantics, however MF is exactly correct about the spot patterns)

http://www.great-lakes.org/fishid.html

- Chris