9.9 kicker controls or trollmaster?

Love my troll master. It is very easy to install...at least on a Yamaha 9.9 like mine. Very accurate speed control. The company is great too. I had a servo go bad that controls the throttle and they sent me a new one after a whole year absolutely free and overnite shipping NO charge :yes::clap: Been using mine for three seasons and wouldn't have anything else.

Mark

If the kicker is a 'remote' model I don't think you are going to have much choice about getting & installing the remote controls just to start & shift it but you will probably want to also install a Troll-Master b/c factory remote throttles are notoriously poor for precise speed control. If it's a tiller model I wouldn't worry about a remote throttle right now b/c most tiller kickers give you good speed control w/ the twist grip (no long, sloppy factory linkage = good speed control).

Chowder hit the nail on the head. I have remote controls AND a TrollMaster on my boat. The TrollMaster was a great addition. I also have one on my Walleye boat, as I found it impossible to make minor adjustments with the tiller handle on my Merc 8 HP. Plus, it gives you speed control at the helm, which is very handy.

• 2 weeks later...