Mexico bay to Nine mile Bad weather/ better fishing

Fishing Report

Your Name / Boat Name:Gotta Bite

==============

TRIP OVERVIEW

==============

Date(s):Jun. 11-13, 2010

Time on Water: 12 hours in 3 days

Weather/Temp: Sunny friday, scattered showers Saturday, Sunday overcast and drizzling

Wind Speed/Direction:

Waves: 1 to 2

Surface Temp:

LAT/LONG (GPS Cords):

===============

FISHING RESULTS

===============

Total Hits: 9

Total Boated:7

Species Breakdown:6 browns, 1 king

Hot Lure: Stinger Froggy Glow/ NK 28 Monkey Puke/ DW SS Green goby (goldbacking)

Trolling Speed:

Down Speed: 2.2-2.4

Boat Depth: Between 80-140 Fow

Lure Depth: Between 50-70

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

====================

Ironically I posted a comment on how slow things have been the two times up early this year I was retracting those words by Sunday. My son graduated from high school Thursday so I took him and his buddy up for the weekend to celebrate. It was his buddy's first time up with us. He was pumped. Well we ended up catching fish everytime out (knock on wood). Mostly small browns that were between 10" & 13". I was amazed at the size of the fish compared to the spoons we were using. We only kept the 20" 5lb brown that had the smallest lamprey I had ever seen attached to it and got off just before I went to cut him. We also boated a 19" king which fought well on light tackle. My son's buddy had a good time landing it. It was his first salmon. We also released it back into the depths. We did take 2 nice hits on the lead core. One 6 color the other 7 color . Our First miss screamed about 50 yds out and broke the water bedind the boat off in the distance. Looked like a nice steelie, but he spit the hook shortly after breaking water. The best rip took off about 100 yds since we had the drags set very light. That happened not far from the buoy line in front of the power plant. My son felt it on for a second or two and it was gone. He reeled it in only to find the swivel straigtened out and the NK28 spoon gone. I can't remember the name of the spoon, but it was one I rarely used and none of the local shops had it in stock when I went to buy another to replace it. Anyway, when we trolled back through the same area again we notice a the underbelly of a large fish, looked like a walleye stuggling to swim. Unforutnately It way into the buoys by then and drifting closer to shore. We had wondered if this may have been what broke the swivel I guess we'll never know. I had my doubts about this particular type of swivel and it's a style I rarely use and I'm really sorry that I didn't switch it out when I had the chance. We did manage another small brown shortly after that before having to head to port to seal the boat up and head for home. We all had a good time on the water. My son and his friend caught alot more fish from shore back at the marina ( Little salmon river)every night after we got off the lake. They landed a nice northern, smallmouth, largemouths and rock basss as well as perch and even a water snake. They both had a great time and his friend couldn't thank me enough for taking him up with us. I'm going to try and get up again soon. I attached a few pics of some of the fish. No monsters just steady action and a good time.

th_anothersmallbrown.jpg

th_luesasbigasthebrown.jpg

th_marks1stsalmon.jpg

th_Zachs5lbbrownjun122010.jpg

That swivel was an eagle claw hyperlok. I usually use a cross lock or a cost lock

Swivel. I don't recall why it was on but never the less it cost

Me a nice fish. Its a lesson learned.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] mobile.png