Species Breakdown: 3 Browns, 4 Kings, 2Steelhead, 1 Coho

Hot Lure: NK-Seasick Waddler

Trolling Speed: 2.6-3.4 SOG

Down Speed: 2.0-2.5

Boat Depth: 100-180

Lure Depth: 50-100

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

Fished today with FISHINMAN and his BETTER half Debby and salmon slayer Cathy (G/F).Got a late start due to someone oversleeping :$ and set up in 90fow east of port on a N/E troll. We started with a starboard wire diver ot 225 pulling a green dot SD and a ATOMMIK Hammer Fly, the port wire diver out 250 with a Kelly green SD and an ATOMMIK packer fly, the starboard rigger at 70' with a NK glow nbk and port rigger at 100' with a Stinger NBK and a200 copper out the chute pulling a NK 42second spoon. Not sure of the exact order of thins, but the highlites were 100' rigger fires with a good fish and Tom pushes his wife out of the way and grabs the rod and I start bringing in the copper when the starboard dipsey starts bangin, so Debby brings in the copper while I grab the wire rod - doubled up and Tom's fish is singing out line :clap:

====================

lAlG0.jpg

As I get my fish near the boat and we are discussing our netting strategy, Tom has not gained much ground on his fish and all of a sudden his fish shakes the hook :devil::@ Tom proceeds to have a "melt down" ;(;( and I ask him if he could stop sulking and net my fish. He does and a 15 lb king hits the deck, gets photographed and released.

Ho2xi.jpg

We managed an 18lb king on the same starboard dipsey set up which would be our last diver fish "landed".

4kRri.jpg

The ladies did a great job of landing fish today! :clap:

4lkn0.jpg

lC_NA.jpg

Tom finally gets a "fish" to the net. :o

161qi.jpg

Yep - you guessed it - no fish in that glob of seaweed :lol: Tom did finally land a fish though :yes:

lD2hJ.jpg

Another highlite was a 2-person triple. Cathy had a fish on when the starboard rigger fires and I end up landing a small king and a nice steelhead on the free slider. All fish were successfully released.

16sRS.jpg

16xR9.jpg

All in all a GREAT day on the water with good friends and a lot of laughs. Got to meet Maniac at the dock and see Salmonite and Thumburn. Good to meet and see you guys! We are very fortunate to have this great fishery in our back yard.

Shawn

Shawn thanks again for a great time of fishing :yes:

Still trying to get over the lost fish but landing that salad to go along with the entree's you guys were landing wasn't easy. Fought more than a lake trout does :lol: Nice try on the "pushed my wife out of the way" comment 9where have I read that recently :thinking::thinking:) she knows better than to get in my way when a rod fires :) or as she would say to paraphrase "that pole is starting to do that thing again back there" :o:rofl:

Just so you know when my wife sees that picture with her hair (which I think was fine :inlove::inlove::* ) like it is might spell trouble for you ;)

SS did a great job on the wheel again today getting us on fish and keeping the boat going in the right direction when fighting fish :yes:

Ditto on meeting Maniac and Salmonite and the dock today and being able to put a face with LOU members and their names.

Before you ask, no Shawn and I did not call each other to ask what shirts to wear :o:$. As a matter of fact that's how I got introduced to Maniac as I made a comment to him about his taste in shirts as he was docking his boat because he was wearing the same one too :yes:

Shadster you know I have to take the blame on that one :o:$:$:$ I believe you are right :yes: now that I look at it. Shawn actually said Atlantic I didn't really look it over that well just wanted to get it back in the water quick because the ladies were having issues all day with fish not taking off right after they hit the water.

I feel for Shawn, I have been on a boat when Tom and lets nice fish slip of the hooks. He is such a ethical guy that he likes to release them at a distance so they don't get hurt much. That said, I did happen to see a large fish -- about 45 inches and looked to be on the high side of 35 pounds swimming on its side this evening -- just off the flats in 125 fow. It looked like the lower lip was detached and the upper lip missing. I believe it would have taken one of my sliders if only its jaws were intact!!! Oh well!! I guess Tom cost both of us a grand prize today!!!!

All I can say is that it sure is a good thing that Tom can cut chops and braise beef as long as he brings tasty treats he can miss all the fish he wants -- the sulking thing concerns me though.

Nice Atlantic -- how many is that for the FX boat now this year?

I let tom reel in the first rod that went off the first time i met him ,,,,,,,,yup same results nuttin but lips,,,after that i only took him out when it was real bumpy that way he stayed busy in His corner of the boat..while we reeled in fish.

dont feel too bad tom that was a nice FRESH catch of weeds.. and i heard some guy in the "OPEN dev." at osweago was sweating bullets reeling in a monster on the dypsy rod , or was that a small fish and the dypsy "forgot " to trip, Ill ask bottomfeeder for more details...

PS: those things are HUGE where did you find such large shirts ?

Awesome job guys!! We should have stayed a little closer as we made our way out to the deeper water with just a couple of kings to show for it.

Great to meet ya tom and Good to see you again Shawn!!

Also delmonico sandwich at the black north is awesome!!!!!!!!!! :yes:

Great job guys and gals :yes: Shawn, I know how it is with the ladies having issues with the fish laying on the surface before taking off. Mine just about borders on being a member of that society......you know the ones who condemn hunting and fishing and post up pictures of a dog with hooks in it's lips :lol: all while eating meat :o . .....

Oh, and if I keep a fish, then starts the twenty questions, like, "how long will it take to die" :( ....."don't you think it's like us drowning when they are out of the water....how do they breathe"....there's never really a good answer, so she doesn't go anymore :( ..darnit, I needed another two rods in the water ;( .

Tom don't feel bad about the fish shaking off, at least ya got your lure back. Oh that salad is great, ask the Chinese. Now all ya need is a cormorant and you can have Peking duck for dinner. By the way if you guys get a big king that has a crazy bich fly and mountain dew s/d and 20 feet of flouro....Please return it to me....that fish busted off my 400 copper and is running around out there showing all his friends the $17 worth of bling he took off me :devil:

Mark

I let tom reel in the first rod that went off the first time i met him ,,,,,,,,yup same results nuttin but lips,,,after that i only took him out when it was real bumpy that way he stayed busy in His corner of the boat..while we reeled in fish.

dont feel too bad tom that was a nice FRESH catch of weeds.. and i heard some guy in the "OPEN dev." at osweago was sweating bullets reeling in a monster on the dypsy rod , or was that a small fish and the dypsy "forgot " to trip, Ill ask bottomfeeder for more details...

PS: those things are HUGE where did you find such large shirts ?

How easy someone forgets about who boated the BIGGEST king in Pegasus pro am history (might have been the last one too :P ) to keep it in the :cash: in Sodus a couple years back even while staying my in corner and to think it's been DONUTS ever since. :thinking::thinking: ....... really makes you :wondering::wondering:

Hey the dipsey thing happened to me in the ESLO a few years back while fishing on the KING ME with Steve and Jack aka Shorthanded. Those guys were getting ready to run in (I could here them spending the :cash: in the back round) when that fish was on until we found out that the dipsey hadn't tripped on a fish that was 23+Lbs. Happens to the best ;)

Looks like you had a great day. I went out on Sunday with newcommers. They had never been out for the big ones before. Needless to say we lost more than we boated, but had a great time. Next time I hope they do better. The best catch of the day was by their daughter, Ashley.

Bye,

WildBill

How easy someone forgets about who boated the BIGGEST king in Pegasus pro am history (might have been the last one too :P ) to keep it in the :cash: in Sodus a couple years back even while staying my in corner and to think it's been DONUTS ever since. :thinking::thinking: ....... really makes you :wondering::wondering:

Oh? You mean THIS corner? :lol:

6rmLS.jpg

Thanks everyone!

CS - we have boated an Atlantic just about everytime out there this year which would be about 7-8. Only two had to be kept.

Ray, funny thing you should mention Tom's "corner" of the boat. I had to replace part of the floor last night from excess moisture in Tom's "corner" of my boat. Hard to tell if it was from tears or sweat. So far I haven't witnessed any of the "other" because any time it gets rough, I bring out the NK Seasick Waddler spoon and all is well. ;)

Shawn