Species Breakdown:Browns & Kings

Hot Lure: Iced Froggy

Trolling Speed:

Down Speed: 2.2 to 2.4

Boat Depth: 140 to 240

Lure Depth: 80 to 120

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

Went out with Jack aboard the Echo One and started out with 3 small kings that went back, then the 82 foot rigger popped and the fight was on! The fish ran 2 or 3 times while Jack cleared the other rods and started going straight down, well after a good 10 to 15 minute fight we landed a beatiful 34 lb. (on boat spring scale)King that measured 40 inches long and had a 29" girth. So after a little heated discussion with the wife, it's at the taxidermist.

Thanks for a great day as ususl Jack!

Chaz

====================

2rSO0.jpg

2r_hr.jpg

Great job and thanks for your report - that's a gorgeous fish but I'm not sure it's 34# (a salmon with a girth of 29" is "off the charts" and would probably be close to 45 pounds!). For a reference, my buddy caught a 32.12 salmon two weeks ago and it was 43" long and had a girth of 25 1/4". It looks like it might be closer to 28-29 pounds or so......either way it's a trophy and you should be very proud!!!!

Thanks for sharing,

- Chris

Chris,

Thanks for the info and like I said we used a spring scale on the boat but the measurements were done right in front of me at the taxedermist. This picture may give the fish it's fair shake as it was taken with my cell right after getting it out the net.

Thanks

Chaz

6ZuUA.jpg

Chaz, beautiful fish! The first two pics don't do it justice... the pics you sent us of it in the cooler showed how nice of a fish it was! (why do people have to come on here and try to discredit a fish anyways?)

Theresa's steelie last week was 37" long and only about 21lbs... it didn't have nearly the girth of that king. I'd venture to say though that a 43"/25" king will be relatively close in weight to a 40"/29" fish... but I wouldn't want Momay to stop thinking he's the only one that catches big fish ;)

Nick

Gentleman,

Please accept my deepest apologies - I was NOT trying to discredit the experience you had in anyway nor was I trying to sound "elitist". First, to "Indecisive" please accept my apology - your fish is gorgeous and whether it's a two-pounder or a 50 pounder, anything you catch is a trophy. For whatever reason, this post has taken a bad turn and I apologize for slanting your post.

I really was only trying to comment on the girth of 29" seeming to be a bit high. Why do you ask? B/C only a few weeks I considered doing a graphite replica of a salmon and the taxidermist and I were going round and round on girth size of which I was way off in what I thought it was vs. what the actual size was when measured with a tape measure. Perhaps we could have someone with more experience comment on this.

As far as "bobs_boy" goes - thanks for pointing out that I'm the only one that feels he catches big fish - it really feeds my ego and makes me feel special - similar to how you must feel knocking me down and in your PM to me.

As far as my posts - I've always tried to post fair fishing reports and give advice when needed and not just comment on fish counts and use the site to my advantage for free advertizing.

Again, please accept my sincere apology Chaz - your fish is a real beauty and a real trophy that you should be proud of.

- Chris

Chris I would not sweat it man.. That is one thing that I really like about this site... We have a bunch of honest and opinionated fishermen... The more opinions you get from great fishermen about fishing the easier it is to catch great fish like Chaz did..... Dale

Thanks Dale, Chaz and crew,

You guys are great for understanding what I was "trying" to say.......it just really didn't come out how I wish it would have.....

Take care and good luck fishing - you guys are great!

- Chris

The famales are starting to show up .......a good example tho different spiecies we got a 39 in male stripper on the hudson 19 lbs ,,,,a 37 in female went over 27 lbs probly closer to 30 lbs....and when temps allow and those rogue fish move into bait they can really swell up after a few trips through the bait ball.

Very nice fish!! And yes If someone showed me that first pic I wouldnt have thought that it was that big. But the pics from the boat show just how nice it was. Great fish and congrats to you :clap: Wait until you see that thing mounted it will look 40 pounds. Good fishing to all.

PS. I love that people are honest in there opinions, it makes for honest conversation.Who has time for Bull Shi^ anyway. Keep it real it all gets worked out, and we can all have a cold one together :beer: