Any one trolling Canadice? Or have any helpful info?

I would like to try trolling Canadice Lake(trout or salmon) but not sure how to go about it. I only have a 12 footer but do have 3 manual crank down riggers... What kind of set-up and depth to run to? I don't have a ff or temp on this boat. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

Try the Finger Lakes discussion board, just scroll down from this forum. There a few regulars who post there that might be able to help you. I would say just get out there with some long leads of a rigger down 15' and drop one rigger down 50' - 75' with shorter leads and see what happens. Mix of smaller spoons and mags and see what they want. Planer boards with sticks too could get you into browns. I just saw you don't have a fishfinder, maybe don't drop a ball down 50' or 75' unless you are sure that you are in the deepest part of the lake. Here's a link to lake map good luck out there. Don't forget to grab a free permit at the north end of the lake before you venture out. I think it's 10 HP or less for motor size too.

http://www.dec.ny.gov/docs/fish_marine_ ... clkmap.pdf