How is this for a spike horn ?

Tell me you guy,s saw more than 1 buck in that last picture also. Yes that is food plot last year, They only pass threw it on way to apples though. CANNOT GET THEM to eat there much-switched to more clover there this year. I may try something sweet next time.

See what i mean about going to apples.

FNtZA.jpg

FQpz9.jpg

These are the only "DEERE" that show up consistently LOL!!!

ekfFS.jpg

EDtTr.jpg

Chad i believe the problem is too much food if that is possible. w/ over 300+ acres beans/corn fields rotated & 1200+ acres apples(clover grows under every tree)Apple trees are ALL pruned every year with fresh apple buds GALORE their FAVORITE spring food sitting in PILES on ground for easy browsing. Oaks/acorns woods full & wet lands full of ferns-green vegetation year round. Thats why my food plot is all Brassica/chickory/Imperial clover TRYING TO BRIBE THEM. Deer go threw a food source/type/location progression as the year and situations develope. They even wait till cold /winter before they eat the grapes on vines here. I could write a book(w/LOTS of pictures) on the timing of each food source they progress to. Chad you interested in a deer book/video project ???????????????

EE1Or.jpg

APPLES TREES EVERYWHERE!!!!!!!!!!!!

en8Li.jpg

Gda9S.jpg

Ge220.jpg

GeqZr.jpg

GeDs9.jpg

I have never seen a deer sit still and feed in one place, unless it is going to bed down. Deer are constantly on the move living off a variety of foods. I am always perplexed to see deer eat a couple of apples and then continue on with floor covered with them. I think if they eat too much of one thing they get gassy (see also Mighty Taco). Bottom line you have to offer them browse (by tree trimming/logging), nut trees for protein, greens-agriculture, apples are a bonus but more like desert for deer. Your play on hunting the trails to/from the food plots and apples is the right play and won't change no matter what you plant. (ps try brassicas) Do you have apples this year? We got the warm spring/early bud/frost kill in the southern tier so no apples again :(