Cayuga 08/08

Fished the FLTA Tournament with a great group of guys I had out on a charter Sunday. We got started around 7am by Sheldrake the waves pushed all the weeds around and beat us up for the first two hours. Around 9am we found some clear water and fish on the West side South of Sheldrake. We caught several short salmon and some real nice Lakers. The three Lakers weighed in at just under thirty pounds, the big one went 11.7. So the guys got to have great time and win first place and the lunker. I was still marking pods of bait from 20 to 80 down out over 300+. Most of the fish came from 40 to 90 down with the big guys suspended down around 60ft. White flys, white flashers and chicken wing stingers were hot today with the speed at 2 to 2.2 mph at the ball. The fleas were also gone today but the weeds are bad. I will get some pics posted when I get them. Sean

Thanks for the report Sean. From our house on the hill I could see the wind building whitecaps early yesterday so you had your work cut out for you. What depth is showing a temp break right now? Last year about this time everyone talked about a thermocline at 80 to 100 down. Is it not as distinct a break this year?

Greg

Great report thanks again Sean!!, that chicken wing stinger is hot in there this year. Something took mine for a ride saturday north of Sheldrake off the lead core rig and said goobye. This Okuma reel for the 36lbs lead core rig has gotta go :no:

How do you keep the little salmon off the spoons?

Seeing the fleas diminish was awesome but there were seagulls laying on the huge weed mats on the east side all over Saturday.

There was cleaner water midlake west side below Deans.

good report sean. i havent been on any of the finger lakes in a few weeks. been trying to hit ontario on every chance i get + i got a new tow vehicle thats been nothing but trouble. :@ they're supposed to make it right soon. if not i'll be blasting them every chance i get!! Local dealerships need to recognize the power of reputation... anyways, i'm taking a few fellas from work next week. watching the reports to figure which lake would be a best bet. i'm not sure what that chikinwing stinger looks like, i'll have to check that out. i still would like to hook up and fish with you sometime. :yes: