Cayug Lake 8/27/10 with Pics

After not being able to fish for two weeks I finally was able to head out. Fished from sunrise to sunset. We mainly fished bettween AES and Sheld. point. 6 rods= 2 dipsywire, 3 rigger and 400'copper. The copper produce all the fish early on then it was the riggers. The wire took awhile to start producing but when it did it was hard to keep them in the water. 10 to 11am and 3-4pm was our most busy times. We did have one or two times throught the day with no bites for almost an hour. We had 3 doubles and they

were all succesful with one that I pulled a 10lb 30in Laker. We did have a triple but we only landed 2 on that one. White and blue was the hot colors of the day. Ran spoons on two of the riggers target Bows. Only picked up small LL's on them. Did loose something on one that was peeling drag, but it was short lived when the line went slacked. ;( We did pick up a 4th man at 3 but before that happen we ha a string of bad luck. ;( We sure did please the fishing gods with a all my cable of one off my riggers including my black release and ball :@ It only had a 108ft on it anyways. We were busy at the time because the wire on the other side of the boat got wrapped over its self so we had to work it loose. We ended up cutting a 150' of wire off cause of kinks we got during then but had no idea we lost my rigger cable. I suspect we hit a pod of floating weeds and it forced my clutch to slip slowly while we were distracted. But thats not all. We also then got my copper and wire hooked together but that was an easy fix. We had a blast. I don't have my notes with me to tally it up but we must have landed a over thirty fish. We had 17 landed by 1pm and the second half of the day was more productive.

Lakers and LL's only. Still can't hook the darn Bows. Released most but did keep 9 lakers to be smoked and our fish fry we are going to have :inlove::beer:

10lb Laker

ZkxFJ.jpg

Double

DXVGr.jpg

DY29S.jpg

My set up

1pX8S.jpg

Lamprey

swke9.jpg

Small laker on the copper

swzc0.jpg

Nice job :yes:

,not sure how you are doing but here is how what I've been doing....... on my bows ( spoon rods )on Seneca I've been power reeling with the rod in the holder to get all slack out then a light hook set with wrist when I feel them also who ever gets there first that little time getting the next guy in line has lost too many fish for me on my spoon/rigger program......................but what ever work for stay with it !!!!!!

.......are you running cheaters on the spoon riggers ?..............my spoon bite has been real soft most times you'll just see the rod tip slowly come up a bit then drop back down...........we jump on the rod reel down pop if from the release then POWER REEL as fast as you can till you feel weight and give it the wrist hook set....... if your in the zone for landlocks you should be high enough for the bows !!!!!

Yes I was running all spoons the first half of the day on my riggers set at 55' to 70' with a slider 3' leader and another spoon. 65' produced the most but just dink lls. After 1st half day I ran one rigger with a spinny deep for lakers and was pounded lakers and more dink ll's on it. I ran a cheater on it with the rubber band 10 to 15' from the spinny. My other two riggers just ocassionaly hooked ll's. I don't think we have been setting the hook though after we reel all the slack out but we arent loosing very many fish. Just that one hog that got away :( I was running my spoons bettween 10' to 25' from the ball trying to change it up.