Cayuga 09/08 and 09/09

Hookedup

Fished Cayuga out of Ithaca the last two days. The North/West wind and major drop in temps made for some tough conditions. Wednesday we started around 7am and fished to 12, then I was back out from 1:30 to 5:00 for an evening trip. We did 10 good fish in the morning Salmon and Lakers. Then in the evening, in the pounding North wind we put 6 good fish in the boat mostly salmon and one big Laker 12.6lbs. I took the same group out Thursday morning. The weather sucked big time but we fished hard all day from 7am to 3pm. We ran North to Taughanock set up and trolled North into the wind then Back South. We found all of the active fish in one spot out over deep water mid lake. We ran boards with copper and core, 4 wire divers and two riggers. Most of the fish took spoons and sticks with only a few on flys. I had 4 guys out and we finished with 19 legal fish and several short salmon and bows. The guys limited out on Lakers for the smoker and were one silver fish shy of a limit. Small cranks and spoons on core/coper did the trick on the salmon and bows. Most of the lakers hit the riggers at 80 and the wire divers out 170, 180, 185, and 220. My grape pearl R and R tore them up again as well as the stinger penguin. And I would like to give a big thanks :no: to the guy that pulled out of his dock just North of the Scout camp and made a run at my boat. I was the only boat on the lake and you still managed to cut off three of my church boards. I lost the boards, lures, leader, 10 color, 6 color and a 300 copper :@ . The best part was when the guy noticed what he had done he guned it and made shure he took my power pro backing, before his prop cut my line. Sean

IMG_6171.jpg

IMG_6169.jpg

IMG_6168.jpg

The Seanamator strikes again! :yes: Bummer on the inlines! Back in the spring I had 2 Kayaks try to go right thru my port board line w/ 3 flatlines on it. We were frantically shouting & waving to the folks but to no avail. We actually snatched one of the yaks and towed the poor woman backwards about 20 yards (those Aurora boards w/ Spectra line are a formidable force). I slowed the boat to just about a stand still and she got free and we didn't lose any tackle in the incident. I will say that at least they both apologized again and again...-Andy

Nice report Sean. It amazes me everytime we're out on the water how rude and inconsiderate some boaters are, either passing other boats a lot closer than necessary, or buzzing the shore just off the ends of the docks bashing every boat that is tied up against the docks. And then there's the blow boats...won't even go there. :devil:

Kyle