Canandiagua jigging 9/19

meet up with Pete Collin today. He agreed to teach me how to jig and I would show him my spots and program the following weekend. We started on the south end and had to search for fish for the first hour or so. Finally found some active fish the action was pretty steady for a couple of hours. jigging was a good break from trolling and had a great time meeting Pete and learning the jig! we fished from 6-1 and landed 9 lakers all good fish with 3-4 at 27", and the final fish Pete brought in a smallie tipping the scale at 4 lbs. I also lost one we believe to be a real good rainbow. We were marking some suspended fish and Pete told me to retrieve through them. I retrieved to where I thought would be, dropped a couple of feet and WHAM! this fish started ripping line out one way and then the next and then one more towards the drift bags as it appeared to be heading towards the surface, then snap, the line broke! Very glad Pete showed me the technique and am excited to try it again. Also saw FLXtroutman out there, Mike Pete said your boat looks bigger in the pictures! Sorry to hear your having problems.

HnsFJ.jpg

Hnv9S.jpg

HnA99.jpg

HnCEi.jpg