wknd results-river/chaut.

Picked up a deep diver baker bait @6am,hit the harbor/south gap and windmill area of erie-nutt`n.Back to south gap and landed a tanker smallie on a purple chrome foiled rocket on leadcore.Left for chaut afterwards and fished in front of prendergast `til 8pm.Marked 7 diff hooks but could`nt get them to hit.Nitro and jay showed up later that evening.Up early and back at`em by sun up but those hooks still would`nt give in.Left @11am to pickup my new beckman net from scott mckee.Launched from sherriden and up the west river...got net and descided to troll up and out by strawberry island.Picked up a nice 41"er between strawberry and frenchmans dragging my new Baker bait 100`back and netted it with my new net.trolled for couple hundred more yards packed up and loaded the boat with a stiff west wind-not exactly an easy thing to do when your solo @ that launch!!.Pretty productive short outting.Thanks zach for the bait and thanks to scott for being up the west river.

sol

101_1875.jpg

101_1873.jpg

101_1871.jpg

101_1867.jpg

Look how big your smile is! You can't fake that! I know you have worked really, really hard on getting that 1st river fish so great job! I am just happy you don't have a piece of broccoli in your teeth b/c we all could see it w/ you grinning from ear to ear! Honestly I know all of the hard work you have put into that fish so go pat yourself on the back and may you walk an inch taller today! Nice job and I hope you know after all this time I am joking. I am jealous now! :yes: These river fish sure do look purdy!

Wow Bob - way to go sir! That is a great looking fish!

I tried my luck on Saturday over on Chautauqua (trolled the entire day) and ran into the same "Lock Jaw" problem as you. Over all the deep holes, I saw lots of marks but couldn't turn anything. We had one hit all day and ended up losing that fish. I'm hoping to get out a few more times before the season winds down here.

Bob, Long Point is free to launch out of this time of season if Pendergrast is too low for you. We tried launching out of pendergrast last week and it was really shallow looking so we took the boat over to Long Point.

Chad

same thing here...one rip on sunday. first time running 4 rods (finally!). still getting that whole thing worked out tho. running lead core at an intermediate speed the first time out left me a bit confused about the best setup (lead high/braid low or vice versa). oh well its all learning right?

casting was unproductive, but then again I don't have the patience or confidence to stick with it long enough. maybe i should have stuck with the initial plan and headed to buffalo lol. thanks for putting the chaut idea in my head bob :lol:;)

great fish bob. like zach said, smile was priceless

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] mobile.png