11-20 7pt.

W.W.IV.

Didn't know if I would post this baby after seeing all the 10-12 pointers poster,but what the hell,why not.I got in my blind before light and looker into the ravine next to me and there's a fellow hunter 75yds bellow me but there's plenty of room for the both of us.We sat there till 11:00 and saw nothing,the guy bellow me packed it in and left.I was getting bored so I dug out my range finder and started ranging,it was 110ydsto a plateau on the other side of the ravine,not as far as I thought. I pored a cup of coffee and dug out a sandwich and decided I'd stay here all day if I had to. There wasn't much shooting going on all morning but that doesn't mean much ether. About 12:30 I spotted a buck hurrying down the other side of the hedge row about 75yds out and angling at me,it was looking good till i pulled the gun up and couldn't find him in the scope,35yds and I can't pick him up in the scope,DAM. I watched him go down into the ravine and up the other side to the plateau and he stopped,I got him in the crosshairs and squeezed the trigger and down he went. I took off my coat and headed to the other side of the ravine,He was down and out,a nice 7pt. After gutting him out I got him to the bottom but I couldn't pull him up the other side.I had to borrow a wheeler to get him up and out to the truck. Oh, the scope on full power,I turned it down to two and I got a full field again.

Mike_deer_jpg_2010.jpg

PICT0004.jpg

PICT0005.jpg