15% ethenol

I remember a movie where there's a cop, asserting "Everything is under control" as a mob runs him down. Sometimes the sky does fall down. It's silly to operate with blinders on all the time. I agree that there's lots of doomsayers out there, but there's also lots of open-minded folks who just want to figure out what's really going on and make sure that we've got something to leave to our kids.

You want to know what my major issue is? Not global warming, not oil dependency...cause I think that we'll solve these issues...but urban sprawl. Once accessible land disappears, the entire hunting culture will disappear as well. And cultural changes are almost impossible to retract. Once it's gone, it's gone.

As for the sky falling, remember DTT, strip mining in PA, etc? Controversial issues at the time. History now.

I wish everyone would have some of what Tom is smoking. He may not agree with everything that I do, but he knows the issues and he thinks, (sorry for the cliche) "outside the box".

Is this one of those threads that is going to turn into a "lively discussion"? Cheers!

You guys have a great website.

My rant. The first thing that is taught to every first year climatology student is: The climate is always changing. It has been changing for millions of years before we were here and it will be changing for millions of years after we are gone.

The earth spends 90% of the time in a glacial period (ice age) and 10% per of the time in an interglacial period (the type of climate we have now). Would you like to be able lay on the beach in the summer? or have a mile of ice over your head? There have been periods much warmer than the current, Northern Alaska used to have a semi-tropical climate. It was much warmer than some people’s current worries and the world still survived a million years later.

The only way mankind can prosper is to have a warm climate. Without the warm climate basically all of the world’s agricultural land is no longer viable to grow food. Yes some new areas would become viable but not nearly enough to feed 7 billion people. Then who will decide who doesn’t get to eat?

No I don’t want our kids, pets or birds in the back yard to be full of DDT, asbestos or any of that type of stuff. Something has to be done to keep pollution under control. I don’t believe in abusing the world, just trying to be realistic considering all of the latest and greatest newspaper headlines.

The most important part. We better go fishing now because we are all going to be dead a long time.

Happy New Year To All!

No, sorry, I’d share, but I don’t smoke, snort, shoot nor ingest that stuff.

The problem with research is that for every question that is answered, at least 5 more questions pop up.

I don’t think anyone doubts we live in an ever changing world. It should be expected if they’re right that the earth’s guts are like liquid & the poles (north & south…not Ray K) are continually shifting….

Can man alter his environment? Here’s an interesting picture…Know where it is?

nagasaki1.jpg

Hints: Population now close to 1 million…Home of Mazda and Mitsubishi.

Answer: Nagasaki (Hiroshima looks very similar) & you ought to see their travel brochures!

Very often I see deer on the East side of St Paul St, just north of the Bausch Bridge. (But don’t hunt there as they’ve installed one of those “gunshot detectors†nearby) I’ve even seen them Skinny-dipping in I-Bay. Guess they've moved back to the city.

Can man mess things up? Certainly. Ducky got discombobulated by listening to panic striken/emotional appeals. There would not have been any story if the duck had asked a few questions or required confirmation of the event. (Real short story if Henny had pulled out a chain saw & went back to the scene.)

I have a major issue with “authorities†promoting pseudo-scientific campaigns, claiming endorsement from currently popular theory, when in fact they wouldn’t pursue it, if not for tax credit angles &/or bonuses for pulling it off. Especially when they're requested to provide substantiation of proposals for their inefficient contraptions they reply “That’s all you need to know†or “We’re not releasing that informationâ€, I get a little irked. Their guise is of helping the environment yet they know little environmental history in the areas, what they risk digging up, whose lives they’ll disrupt or which species could be endangered. They don't even drink the water. Obviously. I’m referring to offshore wind.

On one hand they’re shouting “the weather is changingâ€, yet they want us to pay them to make us more dependent on the weather. Man…talk about non-sequiter. Figures don’t lie but liars can figure.

Maybe (that’s a big maybe) an individual could be successful with a small turbine, but it’s utility scale stupidity. There’s absolutely no reason utility scale power generators couldn't at least preheat the steam-water geothermally.

Oops, this thread is about 15% ethanol. The only good thing about that is that you guys won’t have as much competition out there, if I use it. It’ll kill my outboard.

Tom B.

(LongLine)

• 2 weeks later...