ny dec

:yes: can't say enough good things about my last few encounters with DEC. i've been checked almost every weekend this year. each time the CO's were profesional, and extremely friendly after formalities were completed. one CO even put me on great grouse hotspot. i'm glad to see the resource is being protected.

I'll second that, Got checked during deer season and the CO was really good. Shot the poop with us for a good 30 min, Really nice guy. Got checked Wednesday, different CO, and again, what a nice guy. He was actually almost apologetic when he asked me for my stamp and WIP number......Just real class acts. :yes:

I"ve found most CO's that have approched me in the past have always started the conversation by asking how's the fishing/hunting. That led to BSing for a while & I've always asked them if they wanted to see my license before they could ask me. That breaks the ice for them and afterward I've found that most times, they pointed out additional places to hunt/fish that I wasn't aware of, even what lures seem to work best in a given area. These guys have a tough job so give 'em a break and treat them as you would like to be treated if you were in their shoes.

Good post BLOCKHEAD, nice to see kudos given for a job well done. :yes: