Hemlock or Honeoye walleyes

I believe Honeoye has a much larger population than Hemlock. My brother's been getting them on white twisters with a spinner at low light periods fishing the outside edges of the weedbeds toward the southwestern portion. Not huge numbers and not big sizes, but good eaters. I'd go with Honeoye because you'll likely inadvertantly catch a bunch of largemouth as well. Can't keep those annoying buggers off long enough for the walleye to hit on some days.

Good luck and let us know.

Well I got lost going to springwater where I was camping (never trust a woman's directions). Got drunk to dull the pain but didn't get to the lake until 9am the following morning and caught a few bass. I was going to go back that evening but it rained so I figured I'd go the following morning. But it rained again and I had to go. So basically I have nothing to report. I suck.

• 3 weeks later...

There are some walleyes in Hemlock. When you get them they are slobs. I have a picture of a 14lb. 1 oz. walleye that was caught out of Hemlock. The picture was taken at the Taxidermist when I was there picking up my fish. I don't know who caught it but he is one lucky guy. The taxidermist said he caught it trolling for trout. What a nice bonus.

Salmonite....My folks bought a place on Honeoye in '70 and I've been going there my whole life. I don't know of ANY public campgrounds within proximity of the water or even any that are up from the water but that might have an easment for lake access. No hotels. No motels. No Bed & Breakfasts that I know of either. Maybe other folks have information to the contrary but to the best of my knowledge, there's only one camp ground within reasonable proximity to the lake and it doesn't have water access. It's on West Lake Road immediately south of Jersey Hill Road and it's on the west side of that road. I don't know what their renting policy is but I suspect that it consists of a bunch of snow birds who rent for the season because it looks like largely campers and pop ups and such that are there the whole summer. I'll talk to some folks and see if I can conjur up a name or phone number if you'd like but even so, there's a cartop launch at the Sandy Bottom Beach on the north end of the lake (also on West Lake Road). I have twice launched my 16' there but without all-wheel it's a risky proposition, especially with low water levels. Gotta back her in REAL far. The state launch couldn't be farther away from the campsite if it had to be.