Canadice Laker

Sean Youngblood

Youngblood if you dont mind me asking were you fish on canadice and can you catch lots of smelt or no. I wanted to go and try for the smelt to eat. Any info would be great. Im heading to chippewa in the early morn for perch, my buddys have been crushing them. Long drive but hope its worth it. Thanks Youngblood.

Yah lots of smelt to be had just about anywhere along the lake. Early afternoon into dark you put a pantern by the hole and the water column form top to bottom will fill up with smelt. Most are 4-6". makes you wonder why any of the bigger fish ever need to eat. Nice Laker SY I can't wait to get down and jig'm up!

Deaf Fisherman for best results go at night with your lantern shining down the hole.Use the smallest ice jig you have tipped with a spike.Some guys put a little piece of yarn on the hook so the Smelts teeth get stuck in the yarn,just in case the hook doesn't get them.Set up in shallow water about 20ft.

DF go to boat launch, walk out to the left about 80 yards down and 50-60 yards from shore. Thats were I got em in 25 FOW. Look for the cluster of holes and were a fish house was, thats me. You can get em all around that lake. Dont think it matters much but 25 FOW seems good. I had a sub light that goes down the hole and after dark I cant keep them off the line. I used a tiny marmooska jig with half a spike x2 rig. It was the first time I have done it and what a blast!!! :D If your like me you will be hooked. I work 3-11 and 4-2 wheel, but if you ever want to meet up there I would be glad to fish with ya. Lots of guys out there having fun. Hope you do well, any Qs let me know. Good fishing!!!

Blood shot - I will be definitely up at next weekend to fish there. Maybe I tag along with you so we can have blast time to jiggin for them!

Since I never attempt to go fishing after smelts. So your first time experience already made me drooling over it. I hope I could have that same feeling when I can go out there at next weekend..

If you want to discussing something or talking to me, shoot me a PM.