Bait Fish Fund Lure Raffle on eBay?

Sure, I don't have anything ready now but am getting ready for another bait making spree, don't forget that Bob M from BM Shad (Ohio) sent me some baits to donate. Bob's baits catch fish and are handmade one at a time in Akron, Ohio. Quality stuff if you aren't familiar w/ them or haven't fished them. I have some in my box, Solgrande has some, Cpt Larry has some, do you? Bob is a great guy and donates even though he lives in Ohio and doesn't have to do anything for us, he is just making sure we have something for the future. Thats called "passing it on" and his generosity is very much appreciated! I am honored to know him and think if you try one of his plugs you'd be happy. I will do anything I can to raise $ for us, as we all benefit from something like this. I will do a foil or two and will get started later today. Great idea Larry and with Stan Durst's help we should be able to do this and pull it off nicely. I was thinking about sending a BM Shad and one of mine down to Stan to have him work his magic as we all have different painting styles and it shows. Stan isn't going to be painting forever so maybe his plugs would be considered "collectors items"? I have no idea but let's do this! We have some great people around us that always seem willing to support us in these auctions and I hope we do it for years to come, you have my support.

Larry- I am going to do my best but am not 100% sure I can get some nice ones done before then. I am backed up again w/ orders but will try my hardest to make this one a success just like the last ones have been! I have a huge blister on my thumb as I type now from foiling 2 dozen baits last night and need a few days for it to go back down before I do anymore. As soon as I get through those foils it time to work on the Chautauqua Hatchery Fund baits. I am going to do a nice foiled green perch with fins and will see if I can do another one also for the auction but we will see. I think its a great thing to do, for all of us to benefit from and I will help support this hatchery through my baits as long as I make them. For me its just time, others are throwing up their hard earned money in a tough economy and that's awesome. Like I said before, we have some amazing guys around us and I hope to make a decent bait or two to help support our fishery by raising $ on ebay.

Zach,Thanks again for all your help that you do to make the Chautauqua Bait Fish Fund successful. You should be getting an email or call from Ryan Marlowe who owns Figure 8 Tackle Shop in Kenora,Ontario soon as well.Good to hear your staying busy this winter building baits.

Capt. Larry

• 3 weeks later...

I am double checking everything now and will finish up one last bait tonight and should be able to post it up tomorrow morning. It just seems like I don't have enough variety. Anyone want to donate a Ed Latiano or a super rare Hughes River jerkbait to help out? :beer:

:rofl:

I`d luv to help ya out with a latiano however i have only 2 of them in my antique lure collection.A frog pattern "quiver fish"Diving lip in front and a suick style in back.25 on bottom in red ,signature on top with lure name and an P inside of a circle(both lips marked,0ne w/e.vl#8 el pa,the other w/elwood city,pa #8 and his signature.The other is a near mint "LAT musky special:marked in his pen with his signature brass lip with signature and elwood city,pa on bottom.Front hook has lead attached to it.SORRY!!!!!!!

sol