Question about Hemlock and Canadice

We're trying to make sure we avoid any trouble in case we want to check out the ice fishing action on these lakes sometime tomorrow.

I know traditionally you've needed to have the special watershed permit, but this link says a permit is no longer required? http://nyfalls.com/lakes/hemlock.html

Can anyone verify this? I found a downloadable 2010 permit, but am thinking it makes sense that I can't find a 2011 one if it is no longer necessary.

Also, does anyone know if there's any action on these lakes?

Thanks!

AS dremarquis said no permit required.I have fished Canadice like 6 times I have been batting about 50% have caught 3 and have had 3 or 4 swings and misses.I have marked fish every time.I have had best luck in the later part of the day 2:30 to 4:00.Caught 2 jigging 1 on tip-ups.I haven't been there real early. Usually don't get there till about 10 am.

Yes, you are right about that permit. no worries. :yes:

I am one of those people who caught bunch of fishes on this lake. It was great if you found right spot to fish at. I have no electronics at all. Just fishing hut. :P

But be careful since ice is melting edge of shore. It might be hard to get access to it. Once you got on the ice, it is basically safe. (I haven't went out since last week so it is possible change that fast) so try to check ice if it is safe to walk on before you start to wandering around.

I know the south end of Hemlock is famous for big browns..have heard this ;)

I don't ice fish yet :lol:

Man, by mid March these lakes are starting to open up so get with the regulars on this one.

i hope the DEC patrols this much closer now that it's state owned. I see way too many undersized browns in coolers come outta there :@

• 7 months later...

Be careful with an outboard over 10hp there!! ;(

I was told you could not have one in your possesion on the state porperty and will be ticketed if you show up with one hangin even if it is disabled.

I would call the DEC for that region and inquire about this. I troll off my 24 volt Terrova and leave the 30hp johnson here in the garage out on Hemlock and Canadice

Launch at the north end if you have a 16footer..deeper there on Hemlock