3/12/11 brown fishing out of ibay

We are going to launch out of ibay tommorrow morning and try to get some browns. Has anyone had luck this early in the year? and does any one have any tips to help me out? I am hoping for the best since launching is going to be a pain with out the docks being in yet.===============

I launched out of the Gennie this week to check some stuff on my boat and made a run to ship builders and back.Both around the river outlet and the creek at ship builders I marked fish but there is a lot of trees and other half submerged stuff floating around where the clear water meets the colored water.

One year we fished the last week of Feb. and did good. We picked 6 browns and 2 big lakers between I-bay and Shipbuilders. You had to troll very slow. The only problem is junk in the water. Use caution. The day we went out, we watched a telephone pole bob up and down in the Genesee River. When it went down, it disappeared for a couple seconds. Would not have been good in the old 14'er.

Definately use caution especially with the rivers around being high as it will dump junk into the water. Trees are the worse. As far as success yes we have had good luck this early before