It felt good to finally get on the water after an almost 2 week break. The lake was pretty bumpy when we first got out but it got a little better as the night went on.

We worked 100 fow out to 270 but did best in 100-120 fow. We couldn't get our wires going. We only got one rip on the wire and we dropped it.

The Moutain dew spinny/ Sigg's rig green hypnotist down 82 was our best setup. I think we had 7 or 8 hits on it.

We had a terrible start but finally landed a fish on our 7th bite.

7-7kings005.jpg

The fleas are getting BAD. We didn't see a whole lot of bait around. We ended up with a good night dispite the slow start.

7-7kings002.jpg

7-7kings007.jpg

7-7kings010.jpg

7-7kings011.jpg

[/img]

Beautiful fish, Al! With the brisk wind from the South, we stayed in shallow with the Browns on Saturday and Sunday in an attempt to avoid the bigger rollers. Most of the fish we caught came off the free sliders in 60 - 110 FOW. The usual spoons were working: Froggy, Chicken Wing, Orange Crush, Black Ice, etc. Got a couple on the lead core too off the planers. Full core and a half core (after the full core broke) were working ok. Fish are so fat they don't put up much of a fight. We caught an 18lber that was like reeling in a log and came right to the net without a fuss. I'll try to remember to give you a yell on the radio next weekend; or call me on my cell. I think maybe we'll break out the flashers and flies and give the salmon a try next Saturday. Look forward to talking to you.

Steve- I'm not sure if or when we might be up but I'll try to get ahold of you when we do get up.

Yea Bill- we came in at dark and hung out in the bay until the fireworks were over. We had to almost troll through the bay. There were quite a few boats out there with no lights. Anybody know what all the red lights lit up all over are about?

Hey Al,

The red lights (flares) you saw were probably what they call the "Ring of Fire", where everyone on the bay is encouraged to place a big red flare at the end of their dock. I know they do it on Port Bay every year, so I would assume that is what that was.