Total Boated:3

Species Breakdown:1 Brown, and 2 Lakers

Hot Lure: none

Trolling Speed: 2.2

Down Speed:

Boat Depth:

Lure Depth:

===============

Took my family out for a short evening trip, on what turned out to be a warmer decent evening. we fished the skinny water in front of the breakwall for a pass, and got the first fish of the year on my boat(other than the perch I caught last Sunday), as my son reeled in a fiesty small brown that even took a leap out of the water on a gold/orange stick flatlined 175 down the middle. I ventured out to 70 feet of water and just had to let out the wire diver/Spin Doc/ Atomik fly combos for the first time this year, and ended up with a 7-8 pound laker on that set-up, which my daughter had the pleasure of yanking in. We also boated another 5-6 lb laker off a rigger, and had another hit on the diver rod, which didn't hook up. All in all a great first trip out on the water. A good start to the season ahead.

====================

100_2143.jpg

Good job Jason and Anna! That's the way to get dads equipment in the water, especially when ya reel that stuff in there is a fish on the other end! Looking forward to doing some derby fishin together with you guys when I get home. Great post Mick :yes:

Mark

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] mobile.png

Thank's guys. Our kids fought the fish, and Dad netted, while Mom drove. The laker that hit the crome/glow and green dot spin doc , and Atomik frozen frog fly combo was our biggest fish of the Eve, maybee an 8 lb laker, but it made my daughter's day to have that experience to tell her friends about in school today, and my son was happy to have fought 2 fish that trip out, as after he got the brown he asked, can I catch another one? My kids may play video games, but they also love to catch fish!!! That's all I can be thankfull for.