Species Breakdown:1 Small Brown, 3 Laker's

Hot Lure: Apeena Diamond

Trolling Speed: 2.2-2.7 mph

Down Speed:2.2-2.7 mph

Boat Depth: 10-70 ft

Lure Depth: 5-68 ft

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

====================Me and my goods friends Bill and Jim headed out to the Oak to do some derby fishing. And my main goal this season was to put a fish on the board. So we headed out and trolled the shallows and we got a 16 inch Brownie on a Blue tinsel spoon, successfully he was released. After washing lures and not marking any fish i told Jim to take her out deeper and on are way out we took a shot from a 8 pound Laker which was cool it was the first one i ever caught and he was let go also. Then in 60 ft of water trolling east we got hooked up on a nice fish and after a nice 8 minute fight Bill landed a real nice 11 pound Laker, that was on the board till today. So after a pic and that a boys we went 20 minutes without marking a fish so i told Jim maybe they went deeper with the sun getting up in the sky and in 70 feet of water we hooked up with a BIG fish and it was Jim's turn after about 10 minutes i netted the biggest Laker Jim has ever caught. It was 7th on the board yesterday, but probably not on there now. It was really cool to actually take fish in to get weighed up. Running stuff on the bottom with a old flasher and a old flutter spoon was the ticket. That was the best day catching fish on lake o i ever had, still a green horn with a lot to learn. Well we accomplished my goal and did it twice, what a great day with real good friends, good weather, good fishing, and the boat ran great. So my new goal is to catch one that will stick on the board. Got a new bottom paint job and a new Bimini top and a new attitude on the boat this year, so far its working. 8) Good luck to everyone in the derby and take care. :beer:

04302011_1.jpg

These trout are some of the most frustrating but rewarding fish to go after. Congrats on the successful day, and here is to many more in the near future! If you are at the oak this August I will hopefully see you there!

:beer:

Hey, thanks you guys, i think we are headed to Olcott this Friday if I am not on overtime. And we definitely are going to give her hell on Saturday. Good luck to you guys and yup rdebadts i will be at the oak this August think we might fish the Orleans derby this year, u guys take care. :beer: