i need to hire a charter (My First POST!!!!)

hey all im new here

i am from rochester and i am looking to hire a charter for any day of the week really....based on fish calendar and other factors i want to go on a day with massive hits in next 3-6 weeks

will be 4 guys

i just bought my first boat...a 15 ft sunbird open bow. i have never caught a thing trolling in the past....i am planning on buying some manual downrigging gear after i fish with you guys, maybe get some pointers

all i have ever done trolling wise is troll some triple swivels with a 6ft line with weight and a 3 foot line for spoons but have never had any success

since this is my first boat and i am an inexperienced sailor i probably wont be taking this boat on lake ontario anytime soon until i get real comfortable and have confidence in my rig too

so i need a charter for where i am going to be towing my boat this summer - i-bay or any of the fingerlakes, prob seneca lake or cayuga lake seems best?

i am mostly interested in a charter within i-bay because i live right next to south launch ....if i-bay itself is even worth fishing in

basically i need a really knowledgeable mentor to jump start my success.....so it will probably be a couple of charters maybe on a couple different waters

please email me or respond here with rates for 4 guys, and what if i was to buy a 3 pack...and just realize when you qoute price im going to be asking you ALOT of questions :)

thanks ALL!

Terron

[email protected]

i ant no charter but a pretty good teacher 4 would be a little tight on my 22 ftr but if ya wanna hit seneca with 1 or 2 friends yer welcome to jump on ........BUT after spending the last 4 months in the keys i ant gonna fish till the weather plays a little nicer and if were lucky we'll get 1 or 2 fish :lol:

i ant no charter but a pretty good teacher 4 would be a little tight on my 22 ftr but if ya wanna hit seneca with 1 or 2 friends yer welcome to jump on ........BUT after spending the last 4 months in the keys i ant gonna fish till the weather plays a little nicer and if were lucky we'll get 1 or 2 fish :lol:

thanks for the offer Ray - I will definitely keep that in mind. Give me a PM when the weather gets nicer and we can plan on fishing for a day!!!!

So, if it's learning that you're after, you probably don't want to make "fish-catching" your main priority. There's lots of captains that can put you on fish, but fewer who are willing to take time out of a bite to show you how to rig properly. I'd make it real clear what you want and that you realize there will be a trade off.

Also, the rigging techniques differ greatly depending upon the time of year. To maximize learning, you should plan on spreading your trips out. And remember that the presentations you can run on a 15' boat are going to differ greatly from what an experience charter boat captain in a 28' Tiara can put out there.

Welcome to the ranks!

So, if it's learning that you're after, you probably don't want to make "fish-catching" your main priority. There's lots of captains that can put you on fish, but fewer who are willing to take time out of a bite to show you how to rig properly. I'd make it real clear what you want and that you realize there will be a trade off.

Also, the rigging techniques differ greatly depending upon the time of year. To maximize learning, you should plan on spreading your trips out. And remember that the presentations you can run on a 15' boat are going to differ greatly from what an experience charter boat captain in a 28' Tiara can put out there.

Welcome to the ranks!

yea i want to figure out how to maximize fishing off my 15' boat so that has to be taken into consideration - i suppose i could hire someone for their time to help me setup rigs and presentations on my boat ...pre consult before i mount any new hardware

you make a good point about spreading out the trips to different times of the season, good thinking!

once you learn the basic tec. you will be able to figure out what will work on yer 15ftr....

flatline,boards,keels,dypsys,jets,rigger,copper,jig,dive bombs.........ect.ect

Bad news !!!!!!!! my guess you will get sick very sick with whats known as "foot dieses"

"lureitious" "spinfeaver" "flyinfection" "atomicsyndrome" "speedinfactuation " "moreroditious"" ,and several others we all have but rarely admit to. Then will come the day you'll join "fishtails" and "jason" and start shopping for "Big Winnie's" (I'm still not shure if i'll ever fish with them again)

Hi Terron, I run a charter out of mexico bay. The fishing has been very good, check out my video on the "fishing videos" page. I just took another angler out and showed him all the ins and outs of our trolling program and he went from catching 3-5 fish to 15-20 fish. But it was a teaching trip, with emphasis on instruction... But I'm in Mexico, not R-chester...

Call me with any Questions

Capt. Dave

This might interest you

On Thursday May 12th at 7pm the Lake Ontario Trout & Salmon Association (LOTSA) will be sponsoring a Seminar on Spring Fishing Lake Ontario for Trout & Salmon off of the Niagara County shoreline. This seminar will be put on by Captain Matt Yablonsky who runs Wet Net Charters. Captain Matt will speak on how to rig and fish a smaller boat successfully for Trout & Salmon. This seminar will provide beginners with a starting point to... catch their first Kings along with providing experienced trollers those little things to make them more successful this Spring.

LOTSA is a group of mainly weekend recreational fishermen who are dedicated to the enhancement of the Lake Ontario Sport-Fishery including the pen rearing project at Olcott. Each meeting also features a sharing of information the current fishing conditions. So come join us and become more successful at fishing Lake Ontario!

The meeting will be held at the Cornell Cooperative Extension, 4487 Lake Avenue (Route 78 two miles north of Lockport), Lockport, NY 14094. The Seminar is free and open to the public. See http://WWW.LOTSA.ORG/ for any questions.

Hi Terron, I run a charter out of mexico bay. The fishing has been very good, check out my video on the "fishing videos" page. I just took another angler out and showed him all the ins and outs of our trolling program and he went from catching 3-5 fish to 15-20 fish. But it was a teaching trip, with emphasis on instruction... But I'm in Mexico, not R-chester...

Call me with any Questions

Capt. Dave

awesome when i get some time i will definitely check out your setup and vid