West end canal walleye.....

hammer289

So iv been seein posts on here about the walleyes in the erie canal and i was wondering about where they are in the west end of the canal? I mainly fish it around lockport and only form shore as i dont have a boat yet. I ve been catching plenty of smallmouths so far but thats about it. So i was wondering the time of day, a general area and what to use for some eyes? Any help very much appreciated :beer:

At every lock on the canal there is an out flow channel with current. Fish the edges of the current and yu will find walleye. Suttle changes in underwater structure will yield a walleye or two. When it is drained in the winter, do some walking with a hand held GPS.

We would troll for miles & somtimes there would be no reason as to why /where the fish were . I feel they are coming from the Niagara river so they are migrating down the canal till they find somthing to hold them for a while. And we all know they are picky SOB's. We never really got a lot. 3 was a really good day.Haven't tried it for about 10 years or so.