I have cards to fill out andbsendbinto your congressman to help stop the asian carp from getting into Lake Ontario. Went to the locba meeting the other night and there are reoorts that they are seeing some in lake erie. I am heading to wilson friday night and will be in and out on trips but evenings i will be staying on the boat if anyone is interested in picking one up to send off.

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

ive got a 20 ft handled net ill cover the USA side.of the falls..hmm maybe the 12 guage would be more effective or little spikes at the bottom of the falls...gonna be tuff at this point they already made it past the best defence the govvernment could come up with ....And we know if the government cant fix it ,it cant be fixed.... :):):) .... :lol::lol::lol::lol: ...... :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Not sure what the plan of attack is just sending the message and by sending the cards in hopefully it will help make a difference.

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

All they had to do was close the lock leading into Lake Erie!! It is a shame that the shipping companies petitioned to keep the lock open and the government listened. It would have been much easier to figure something else out for the shipping than figuring out how to get the carp out of the Great Lakes!

It is my understanding that Asian Carp need miles and miles of flowing water (Such as a really long river) in order to reproduce just like Striped Bass do. Therefore, they will not be able to reproduce in the great lakes. That is why they are so thick in the Mississippi. The currents of the great lakes might allow for some reproduction but very little because it is so spread out and so inconsistent. ....That is what I read in some magazine anyway. Who knows if it is true or not.

http://www.ifishillinois.org/asiancarp/ ... Garvey.pdf

If the asian carp needed miles of water, they wouldn't have thrived so well in those Arkansas farm ponds. They were in the ponds for a few years before the ponds were flooded.

Tom B.

(LongLine)

ESPN's Sportscenter did a report on asian carp and their threat to the fisheries of the great lakes a few weeks ago (focus was mainly on Lake Michigan). It was interesting. Google it and I am sure that you can veiw it. I was left thinking that the fight against asian carp is like the war on drugs.