One Big Seneca Laker 06/17/11

Had an afternoon trip with some folks from KY today. I hadn't been on Seneca since the Derby and I figured the fish had started to move to the summer spots. We set up in one of my favorite Bow holes around 1:30pm and it was game on. First rigger dropped to start of Thermal-Cline at 40ft and Bow on. We put 8 nice bows in the boat and some great salmon. We only had to keep two 18 inch bows and the rest were let go at the back of the boat. The guys were game for laying off the bow zone so we set up with four wire divers and got them some nice lakers for the grill. At 6pm we were picking up rods and all hell broke lose. :rofl: 6 FISH ON! one rigger, 3 wire divers, and two boards. What a way to end the trip with them all at the back of boat and released Salmon, two more Bows, and the rest lakers. After this we had one rod left in the water, a deep wire diver flasher/and fly rigg. It fired and it was off running for Watkins. After a good fight a 15.3lb laker hit the net :o . I grabbed him, took a quick pic with the client and he headed back down to 100ft. He was the biggest Seneca laker I have put in the Boat.

IMG_6985.jpg

IMG_6981.jpg

IMG_6977.jpg

IMG_6974.jpg

Good for you sir and (thanks for the background) he he ......

ya bmight get a chuckle from this...The other day a old timer said Seneca is one of the tuffest bodies of water to catch fish from ,and if you can catch them their you can get fish from any lake......Needless to say I didnt wanna tell him a 20 fish day is the norm on seneca now and bust his bubble...

hmmm 15 plus wouldnt that of been 5000.00 a few weeks back :@ , ya still musta felt pretty good for putin your guys on those fish like that .now ya done wrecked em for life,at least the stories will make their trip home shorter...

:o:o:o:o I think I am at a loss of words at the moment. Ok I will stick to the basics. Great Job! WTG! Nice Laker! Congrads! Nice fish! Great Report! :rofl:

Well I can say I am seriously jealous of the big laker that you and your clients were able to land :yes: and those elusive Bows that you are so talented :P at boating. Maybe some day I will figure those Bows out :inlove:

Again, Great job! :clap:

Sounds like an awesome trip. I think it's great that your saving that pig for the red cross. ;) Nick will have to work hard to beat that one. Fished cayuga today that lake is easier :lol: and I had a newbie on board. I wish I could hit those bows like that.

Gentlemen, Time for am introduction. I am Sean's Dad and chief driver and sometimes First Mate of Reel Hooked Up. After all this time I feel it necessary to get signed up on this wonderful forum. Many of you are probably wondering at times how in the heck Hooked up puts so many fish in the boat in such a short time. Well lets give some credit where it is due. I figure a old Dad here as Driver always puts the Captain on the honey hole of BIG FISH, and knows how to mark the locations with pin point accuracy. The great Captain can then go about his business always knowing that the BIG ONE will always be near by. Now the next big issue for all us DRIVERS is the 3 rod rule..... Boy, this is going to be exciting.. Let it Rip.... I love it. Thanks, Terry Brown - In the Pilot House Reel Hooked Up....

Awesome fish!!! Great job guys... Terry, all this time I thought Sean was talking about a spoon or spinny when he was talking about his secret weapon and come to find out it has been you all this time.. lol... Hope to see you guys on Cayuga next week... Keep up the great fishing...

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png