Sandy Creek July 22 morning

We put in around 5:30 and headed out to the water tower and set up in around 80 FOW. We worked out way out to 150 and found a nice temp break around 85-90 down for most of the morning. The current seemed to be better for us than previous trips.

a NK28 glow frog was the lure of the day with 4 kings going for it - 90 down on the DR counter - actually about 85 down. we ran longer than usual leads - up to 40 feet.

A NK28 habenero, a NK glow NBK green, and a NK28 watermelon each caught one fish each. All were run between 80-90 down over 140-150 fow.

We lost a monster king that dad worked for 30 minutes and never even got to see it. He ended up taking my glow frog with him when he finally broke off. A $4 reward is now posted for anyone that catches a large king with my lure in its mouth.

We ended the day by running in shallower and caught a laker on the bottom in 95 FOW on a plain silver NK with a green diag stripe on it.

The SD's and flies on the wire dipsy rods did not get one hit all day - it was totally a rigger bite for us.

All in all we ended the day with 7 6-12 pound kings and one laker. Lost probably 3 or 4 more. one went home with us to the smoker.

We saw a good number of boats catching fish out there.

Mike, it looks like things are status quo off Sandy. I will be out during the week and will be looking for that $4 reward :D

I was not out over the weekend :devil::devil: but planning to get out Wednesday evening. The guys I spoke with all did good this weekend.

Thanks for posting your report.

Mike,

Looks like you had another successfull outing :D

Great report! Hope to fish there Tues. or Wed. and your report certainly helps me out. Thanks!

A little concerned the wire wasn't firing, thats primarily what I use seeing I only have a small manual 18" rigger set up - that hasn't produced much.

GOOD FISHING ALL!

LTtroller

(Bob)

Nice Mike! I was out there too. Sat and Sunday and did well. Dropped too many though. I too will pay a reward for a fish taken with a mag silver streak glow frog..big fish!! pulled a D!(k move at the boat and wrapped in the wire and cut free with the lure. My brother fought that fish for 1/2 an hour! See Ya, Tank

LT troller,

don't worry much about the wire not being productive for us this trip, usually it is equal to our riggers. perhaps we were running the dipsys too shallow, too slow or something. Spin doctors tend to be speed sensitive to get just the right kick to them and we were obviously off sunday...:(

we are going to try to get out wednesday night if the weather is nice.

we'll be on channel 72, if dad recharges the radio.....it died after an hour or two sunday morning..

The $4 reward is for the fish, not the spoon!!!! It has been an while that we have had a king that we couldn't even move like that. dad is no longer in charge of tying on the terminal tackle as the knot slipped on the big king.