X 4 install ?

I just installed one on my boat and everything went pretty smooth. Just make sure to keep the x4 transducer as far away from other transducers as possible.Mines about 2 and a half feet from my other trans and i have no interference issues. The only issue i had was running the connecters thru transom and dash just because they are a lil bulky. Good luck and enjoy i love mine.

Ok Ray I have the boat all hooked up , be taking it down to the lake in a bit. Now after I launch it in the water and then put it back on the trailer ...... :lol: .......what then ????????....... :rofl: ........ :P

I just installed one on my boat and everything went pretty smooth. Just make sure to keep the x4 transducer as far away from other transducers as possible.Mines about 2 and a half feet from my other trans and i have no interference issues. The only issue i had was running the connecters thru transom and dash just because they are a lil bulky. Good luck and enjoy i love mine.
I JUST PUT MINE IN THIS PAST MONDAY. IT WAS VERY EASY. DO AS THE DIRECTIONS SAY AND YOU'LL BE TESTING IT OUT IN A FEW SHORT HOURS.

I don't think I have enough room on the back to put the probe away from the transducer for interferance..........but the otherside has the kicker motor did any of you put your probe/transducer there ?????

I'm going to take a picture of the back of the boat and post it up !!!!!!

Ed, Put mine on about 4 weeks ago...transducers are about 7" apart on same side. No interferance at all...went out and turned one on one off and vise versa and no change in either....diffrent KHZ I think...

Chuck

• 2 weeks later...

laker taker thanks..........I had to replace the smaller transducer and I have so many holes in that side I'm putting a composite board on...

..so 7" ...... on the outside or do you have it close to the motor....... I have every thing open now...

...thinking.. (shut up Ray).....quadbeam ....small transducer then space 7" and X4 !!!!

I installed mine a month ago about 5" from the transducer and have no problems at all. The only thing I'm confused about is that the transducer reads about 3/4 to 1 mph faster than my gps unit. I don't know which is accurate, but I believe it's the gps and the x4 just reads fast. Nonetheless, it does a good job at showing currents in lake O, which are much greater than I would have thought.

mine read ,5 slow but the old 840 box has a speed calabrate...now its dead on..

WHAT I Didnt say nutin ....YET.oh yea was wondering if their is soap and water to clean that thing...my boat gets dirtyer in one day in seneca than 3 days in the hudson...

I got her finished the other day when Jason was out fishing in this heat called and asked for a weed report.......did have one been on the bank for 5 days......... well we went out today about 11ish real hot......ran her checking for rostertails off any of the three ducers......look good........started up kicker and did a short troll.............X4 seem OK , 788ci quadbeam needs a small adjustment not tracking down rigger balls.........weeds were not to bad for our short trip , but there were some boat size pods around..........dropped x4 down to 40' had 65* there (first good break ).........got hot quick so I pulled lines......put stuff back........unhooked conector from main motor to kicker piece fell off and went in water 450' deep...........well about normal for me now fix three or four things and looking good....... :@ .....some thing else breaks.............. :( ........

Hi, Put mine in two weeks ago, love it!! I had the same problem with the plugin going threw the clamshell hole, You can take the fitting apart, Use a small screwdriver, There's a small wire washer inside of the threaded part that screws on the back of your x4, Work that washer out with the screwdriver, don't spread it out to much, Once thats out just pull the threaded part off. That makes the whole deal alot smaller. fish-on!

Hey, Just put one in my boat, Love it!! You can take the power cable apart, The end that screws on the backside of your x4, MAKES IT ALOT SMALLER. If you look inside of the threaded part you'll see a wire washer, Work that up and out with a small screwdriver, Pull the threaded part off, That makes the power cord smaller and easier to run threw your transom, You don't have to drill a monster hole. fish-on! Put it back together once you get threw the transom.