Seneca 7/2

hooked up with Brad a LOU memeber this morning that is From New Jersey while on vacation at his parents house on the lake, to give him some help with a Salmon or 2. We meet at the Chamber at 5:30, made a short sun south of Belhurst and set on a south troll. Within 10 minutes we had our first fish on the rigger 25 down over 75, ended up being a 18 inch salmon. Steady marks in the 15-35 foot range but just could not get another hit on the riggers. We had steady action on 1 dispey that caught 7 lakers with 1 topping 10lbs and the rest from 5-8 lbs. dipsey out 180 with white sd/white fly. tried to match that set up but no takers on the riggers. These fish fought like crazy and each one needed a few minutes of reviving before they would take off. We spent half of our time turning around, pulling lines and sitting in neutral to revive these beauties, all but 1 was successfully released. Back at dock at 10:30. Sorry Brad that we couldn't get those fish in the top 35 to go.

DSC_9446_1.jpg

DSC_9450_1.jpg

DSC_9453_1.jpg

Brett,

No need to apologize about the salmon... I had a great time and learned a TON!

You and Bob were great, and I really appreciate your time and the fact that you were willing to share your knowledge with me!

Awesome morning on the water with some beautiful lakers in the boat.

Brad

good report! glad you found some fish!! We were out Saturday as well with a family of 4. Fished from peach orchard to almost severne and came back south and found Some lakers and salmon.

Remember where you found those beauties. They wil be there red cross!!

Hey Pete! I was actually at my parents house in Gorham getting the boat ready for fishing trip to Henderson Harbor when that storm came thru. It was the most amazing storm I've ever seen! We could seen it coming down the hill and it was like a wall! It hit with 1/4" hale and winds and rain so strong you couldn't see the road 100 foot from the garage, and it lasted about for at least 5 minutes.

As for the fish, I've been driving and my dad has been catching all the big ones. So far He's caught 16 and 12lb brown back to back, a 10lb bow, a 9 lb landlock and a 12 and 10lb laker! So far, a great year!