Free spot in Sodus Pro-am for an Amateur team.

Found out last week we need two new engines on the boat. We were unable to find another boat to fish the oswego pro-am. We paid entry fees on both oswego and sodus. The committee will not refunds any entry fees. So if anybody out there can put together an amateur team for sodus you can enter under our registration. It's already paid for......Of course this is providing they allow it. I would assume that there should be no problem. The spot is paid for and I hope somebody can fish it and win some money and prizes. Let me know if you are interested. IF you place you can give us a kickback...lol

Tony

Well you would think that since I'm looking at a $10,000 plus repair bill that the committee would either give me a refund or carry over the entry fee money. They won't do either. What winning team would want to collect prize money based on entry fee money from a team that couldn't even compete. Just my thought. That's $540 we could have put towards the repairs. Hope we can help out another team. Sorry it's such short notice. Call my cell If I can help. 518 396-6752

Tony

Well you would think that since I'm looking at a $10,000 plus repair bill that the committee would either give me a refund or carry over the entry fee money. They won't do either. What winning team would want to collect prize money based on entry fee money from a team that couldn't even compete. Just my thought. That's $540 we could have put towards the repairs. Hope we can help out another team. Sorry it's such short notice. Call my cell If I can help. 518 396-6752

Tony

That is messed up I could see if it were the day before. If they wont at least carry it over they would never get my money again.

Tony

That is messed up I could see if it were the day before. If they wont at least carry it over they would never get my money again.

Sorry for your bad luck, but I can understand why the committee wont give your money back. Running a tournament cant be easy and to deal with giving money back for breakdowns, bad weather, or any other reason would be difficult. Hopefully you guys get your boat fixed up... Any thought to renting a boat and fishing from it? I think arneys has a couple that you could probably rig up with a few dipseys, lb rig, and planer board for copper.. The lake should be calm this weekend and if you dont take it too seriously it might be a fun challenge.

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

That sucks that they wouldn't carry it over until next year. After 12 yrs might scrap the Proam next year and fish some of the other tournaments. Good luck with the boat

Al

Hooknup

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

• 2 weeks later...

"Found out last week we need two new engines on the boat."

really? i cant believe they won't allow a single engine boat. isn't that descrimination? :lol:

that does suck though. i'm in the middle of a boat purchase that's only a single screw, and i had planned to fish all the tourneys out of it nest season. i guess i'll have to team up with others.