Racquet Lake

Up there snowmobiling a few yrs ago at a great little bar on the lake "Tap room" is the name of it. They had some postings of a tournament for lakers and I recall they were 4 to 7 lbs for the ones that placed, sounded like they had some fish to work for. Great sceanery up there as you probably know. Good luck and let us know if you do anything.

[ Post made via iPhone ] iPhone.png

I have spent at least one week a year for the past 9 years on this lake. We camp at the Tioga State Park. I was at the lake about three weeks ago and did well in my secret brook trout spot 8) Black flies were the worst but that's my fault for going when I did :@:@:@:@ Lots of native brook trout but tons of work to get in to the brook they hide in. Sorry but I cant share that spot with you ;) We do great with the lake trout off Needle Point. There is a nice drop off. We troll with traditional Finger Lakes trolling methods. I personally like to drift Lake Clear Wobblers with crawlers. Three way swivel with weight appropriate for drift. About eight or nine inches max between wobbler and worm harness. Ultra light or medium action spinning gear with 6 or 8 lb test is all you need. Set your drags, lakers over 10lb are taken out of this lake every year. Lake trout are a lot darker colored in ADK's which makes it almost seem like your fishing for a completely different species :clap: Small and large mouth bass as well as panfish can be found in the many different coves around the lake. You just have to move around to find them. PM me if you need specific information, I have gotten pretty familiar with this place. I think it's one of the best places left in our state :yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes:

Couple of large lily pad filled bays on the south end of the lake that are great for early morning or evening topwater for largemouth with weedless frogs, swimbaits , etc. One of the bays I believe is named Otter Bay on the map. Any of the wood you find along the shoreline usually holds bass as well. Flip it with a weedless worm or senko. Good Luck !