Oneida 7/18/11

rdebadts

Me and a buddy fished today out of Godfrey pt. We got there at 7:30, launched the boat, got one rod in the water and I saw lightning... sooooooo I pulled up the radar on my phone and saw there was plenty more of that to come, so we went and had breakfast. We finally got back out 9:30-10, and fished all around Shakelton Shoals. We tried deep first, nothing to show for it though (no takers on harnesses, jigs, sonars or stickbaits). We did mark alot of fish out deep. Finally did get some action when we moved onto shallower water near the shoals. On every shoal there was bait and fish, and we caught everything on the high side of the shoal, usually 14-19 FOW. Harnesses did all the damage today, they wouldnt take anything else.

Ended up with 4 keeper walleye, 3 shob sunnies, 1 perch and 4-5 Sheephead. The walleye meat out of Oneida is just plain beautiful!

Finally starting to figure out how to catch walleye, especially on this lake...

phone_stuff_019.jpg

Nice Job :yes:

Was on Oneida Sunday 7/17 @ 6am put in @ the South Shore Boat Launch. Very slow morning. Started on the shoals, marked fish but no action. Went out deeper and the screen looked better but same results. Quit @ 9:30 before the heat, ended up with 2 12" Perch jigging nothing touched the worm harnesses. Changed up colors but same results. Didn't see anybody reaching for nets and reports back at the launch were a lot of 1 or none. Did hear some guys on the radio doing some farther east past Lewis Pt on stick baits out deep. I am sure the full moon & clear sky the night before had them feeding all night long. :(

Never have enough time to get out when it's "on" so I go when I can, just picked the wrong morning again. Forgot to add my after pics :D:inlove::@ Someday I'll time it right.

FISH_001.jpg