Cannon speed/temp/depth sensor

The old style or new style? The old style worked OK but had a very corny probe attachment method. Cannon thinks they fixed it .I have no experience with the new system but, I lost 2 probes using the old style.

I really liked the depth sensor. I learned more about blow back using the Cannon in one season than all my other seasons combined. Put your ball down to 100 feet and see the depth read out at 80 feet. Speed up and watch it climb up 10 feet. You can interpret the same thing using other probes byut you don't know the exact depth you are running. My fishing cohorts who have not used the Cannon probe get very nervous when thier cable counters get within a few feet of the bottom. I'm much more comfortable running close to the bottom after using the Cannon probe and learning exactly how much blow back and speed effects actual depth.

I have been using the old style for years. I have very little issue with it. The important thing is keeping a fresh battery and use the coated cable. The coated cable works better than non coated. If the coating comes off, then it could screw up your reading a little. If you need any more info, don't hesitate to ask.

Lou

I know Bill Ruth has been running it for 2 years, and we have been running it since this Spring. We had 1 issue with ours, and it turned out to be coasted cable issues. New cable was put on, and the problem went away.

I have used both the old style unit and now use the new style unit. The new style is definitely better on battery life. I always modify the attachment to a "T" because it works better for me. I also use a different antennae then the spring they supply. So really I guess my opinion is not the best for a stock unit.

High Bidder