Flasher/Fly Terminal Tackle and Rigging?

im trying to get a program together for flasher/flies. recently ive been tying my main line on rigger rods directly to my flasher. i lost a rig recently and the line came up in a twisted ball so im thinking that the barrel swivel on the spin doctor jammed. would it make sense to tie a barrel swivel on the main line then flouro leader then flasher? also, ive heard of guys tying a perfection loop on there fly leaders to attach to the flasher. how do you do that on a spin doctor which has just a barrel swivel on the bottom end of the flasher? it works great on e-chips that have that large duo snap on the end. any advice on how to rig these would be appreciated. best, mark

I run a big snap swivel off my main line and attach the snap swivel from the spin doctor to it. (2 big snap swivels)

You got to get some big duo snaps to attach to the bottom swivel on the doctor.

I know.

For what they cost they should come with them.

They don't.

I also been running some snaps that come with a cork screw. Can't remember who makes them but they been working out good on the bottom of the spin doctors.

Pretty sure if you go to the Spin Doctor website they have them.

Glen

I run a big snap swivel off my main line and attach the snap swivel from the spin doctor to it. (2 big snap swivels)

You got to get some big duo snaps to attach to the bottom swivel on the doctor.

I know.

For what they cost they should come with them.

They don't.

I also been running some snaps that come with a cork screw. Can't remember who makes them but they been working out good on the bottom of the spin doctors.

Pretty sure if you go to the Spin Doctor website they have them.

Glen

Dreamweaver makes them. They aren't cheap 2 bucks a piece

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

I change out all my spin doctors to the corkscrew snap swivels. All my corkscrew snap swivels I use are Bechold brand. Got them at Gander Mountain. Gander in Cicero also has the Dreamweaver corkscrew snap swivels also. Their selection and stock of trolling gear is crap now though and has been for a while.

Flashers are made to spin continuously so a second swivel doesn't hurt. Fleas can clog up a swivel and stop it from turning. This can destroy your line in minutes if it happens. No need for flouro in front of the flasher. It is not a stealthy presentation - it is a whirling dervish. Tie a good snap swivel with a positive lock (or corkscrew) to the end of your mono and connect directly to the flasher. As to your flies, most guys tie a simple overhand knot with a 2 or 3 inch loop. Put the loop through the flasher eye or coast lock clip and then the fly through the loop.