urgent. best length for dipsey wire rod

Just broke my second eagle claw 8.5 ft rod. Not happy with the quality. They can't take the strain of a mag dipsey.

Anyhow going to get a pair of new rods in a couple of hours.

One shop is saying a shorter 6 ft is better and the other is saying I should get a 9ft rod.

What would be better for me. I run 30lb 7 strand wire on #1 or mag dipseys.

Thanks.

[ Post made via BlackBerry ] BlackBerry.png

Last night I tried my rapalas RSC dipsy wire rods.

WOW, WOW - much better than the Eagle Claws. The rollers are tight and the wire does not get stuck in the guides. The rod has a beautiful action and makes it easier to reel in fish.

Awsome rods - I am one happy customer.

I have to Okuma Wire Rods (ROLLERS) for sale great shape and will do the trick.

for moere info look at Classified section Thanks

15 to 30 pound line

Adam2000, yes they are Eagle Claw Starfires 8.5 ft, 2 piece, rated for 30 lbs. They are breaking on the top half section, where it slides into the bottom half section. See pic below.

Starfire_1.jpg

The first one broke when I was reeling in a 20lb lake trout. Was going gentle on my pulls - yes there was alot of pressure but steady, no sudden jolts and then CRACK - rod breaks in two. This happened 4 weeks ago. Got the top section replaced.

Second was even more pathetic - no fish. I was simply reeling in a line to change the fly - it had a Mag dipsy on it. The snubber got wrapped around the dipsy, so it wouldn't pop open. I was pulling it up and CRACK - second rod gone. This was on my other Starfire, and happened this past weekend.

So two different rods, break at same point - at the joint on the top half. Also I find the wire gets stuck in the side of the top roller FREQUENTLY.

I would not recommend this rod, given my current experience.