8/5 (Friday evening) - We had a group from 5Linx out with us on a two boat trip. We shot out to the 28N line already knowing the Lake had flipped. We found some more stable water out there, but some wicked currents. The screen was OK at best for the first half of the trip. As we pushed North the screen get better. We rotted for the first hour and a half of the trip with not even a sniff from a fish. We ran our typical set up consisting of our three Cannon DT-10s pulling spoons with sliders, two Walker Deeper Divers puling spinny/fly combos, and three junk lines. Eventually we got the rods poppin’ for the guys, but we never got that “big†bite. Mostly small Salmon and a decent class of Steelhead for us, and as we ended the trip we had a steady bite going on the 30N line. Dreamweaver Get R Done, and Lemon Ice were our MVP’s fished off our DT-10’s.

8/6 (Saturday morning) - We had a nice family trip with the Creedon’s from Rochester. We knew the 30N line was the place to be, but we figured we would stop on the 29N line and troll it out. The morning bite was fantastic! Mostly 2 year old Kings, but we did manage to get one nice kicker 3yr old. The same program as the night before was down, but the spoons were a little different. In the morning the Dreamweaver Glow Frog SS’s, Mooncricket Mags, and Get R Done Regulars were our hot baits. Riggers ruled the bite for us, but the 10 color’s held their own too. After the first few hours of steady Salmon action we began to pick away at the Steelhead, but it was a slow pick.

2011-08-06_07-57-35_331.jpg

2011-08-06_13-32-02_711.jpg

2011-08-05_16-46-40_575.jpg

8/6 (Saturday evening) - Took the GF out for a few hours to see if we could get her a wall mounter. We dropped in on the 29N line and trolled North. We ran two riggers, and two divers. The bite wasn’t great, but we did manage a few Steelhead before the center rigger down 35’ with a Dreamweaver Get R Done starts throbbing. I run over and hook into this fish, but I thought it was another Steelbow, and handed the rod off to Mel. About the time I turned around to grab the wheel I heard the sound of a screaming reel, and it wasn’t stopping. As I watched the line on the reel get stripped off I figured I had better start pulling gear and turn on this fish. I kept in constant communication with Mel about how much line was on the reel, and finally she was able to gain mind control over this beast and get it coming towards the boat. After another run or two we had the fish at the back of the boat. I was expecting a short fat 25lb fish or bigger, but I was surprised when an 18-20lb King hit the deck of the boat. The way it fought I thought it would be much larger.

2011-08-06_19-31-05_982.jpg

8/7 (Sunday morning) - We had a nice couple from Cleavland join us on this very foggy morning. The fog had been around all weekend on the inside water because of the Lake flip. We were one of the first boats out of the chute, and we figured we would run the same program and game plan as we did on Saturday. We dropped in on the 28N line and began our troll North. The screen was not there, and we rotted for the first hour of the trip. Once we made it out to the 30N line the screen got better, but it wasn’t like the screen we had been fishing over for the past two days.

We kept pushing it North and when we crossed into the 31N line the rods began to fire. We were able to get Gary and his father their personal best King Salmon on this trip. We would pick away at smaller Salmon and Steelhead the rest of the day. Again, the Dreamweaver Get R Done was a good spoon, but the spoon that took the two big guys was a tapped up Northern King Green Monkey Puke. Both of those 18-20lb fish came off the corner rigger down 55’.

Gary and family went back to Ohio with some good Salmon meat, and memories of their personal best Salmon.

2011-08-07_11-03-17_998.jpg

2011-08-07_09-33-07_593.jpg

Hey just curious as to what the N31 lines mean I know it has somthing to do w the composs and what not but how for it improve ur fishing seems like most pros talk alot about that seeing how I'm a newb id like to learn a little more on that thanks

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

Hey just curious as to what the N31 lines mean I know it has somthing to do w the composs and what not but how for it improve ur fishing seems like most pros talk alot about that seeing how I'm a newb id like to learn a little more on that thanks

That is the North Coordinate... probably put him out in that 600+ foot of water range. If you look at a GPS it will show up as N31.xx.xx W00.xx.xx.

Thanks for the reports Yankee! We will be up for a week at the start of the LOC, hopefully everything settles down by then.

F'85-www.attheoak.com/taylor/lat-depths.html (my computer didnt allow me to copy link so if it doesnt work) or go to attheoak.com and go to landmarks and click on water depths.

This will show you approx depths for the lat.

That is the North Coordinate... probably put him out in that 600+ foot of water range. If you look at a GPS it will show up as N31.xx.xx W00.xx.xx.

Just a bit of a correction, it is the minutes of latitude not degrees. That is the MIDDLE set of numbers not the first set, so in the the coordinates above, that would be N xx.31.xxx W xx.00.xxx

In our part of the world, each minute of latitude is approximately 1 mile, each minute of longitude is approx 3/4 mile

The harbor at the Oak is at the 22 line, so the N31, or the 31 line, is approx 9 miles offshore.

Tim