Cayuga 8/21

Did a morning trip with my old man and a buddy today. First let me say it so nice being compliant with the law running our normal 6 rod spread. Started off just south of sheldrake on a south troll. From the start we were getting quality fish. Numerours salmon around 4 lbs, one big LL over 7 and a brown over 8 lbs. We targeted many silver fish parking our 3 riggers above 53 degrees. 62 54 46. Spoons on the riggers purples , greens and blue up high all r&r. We kept the wire at 170 & 180. White on white did it. Our bite died off around 9:30am. 9:45 Our 500 copper fired, this felt like the biggest fish I 've ever had on fishing cayuga lake, the fight lasted 10 mins. After 10 mins I had more line out then when I started, then one good run and I was out of backing. While this was going on the rods were being cleared and we had the boat slowed to 1.1. I could not gain any line. My last resort was to tighten the drag with 2 wraps of backing left. 30 seconds later my 50 lbs leader snapped between the flasher and the copper. Big Fish. After that we made a 180 by the boy scout camp and headed back north. Late morning bite stunk for us, we did a few more before heading to the dock around 12:30.