Seneca 8/23/2011 pics added + dinner

Seneca 8/23/2011

Out solo after 7am by the time I got two lines in the water. Ran that way for a while then dropped the thrid one in...............few minutes later that one fired with a good laker , boxed it............then a good rainbow boxed it...........picked up a laker one deepest rigger put him back............then a good bow brought it in hot got reel fisty at the boat so I gave her some slack , never had to touch her threw the hook like she knew what I wanted :yes::clap: ..... I can still see her in my minds eye........going back thru area I hear a SNAP.......look back middle down rigged boom is in water...........base broke....saved pole...........threw kicer out of gear...........strated brining up cannon ball and hanging onto rigger...........WHEW !!!!!!! got it back in boat...... pulled ever thing and headed in......9:30ish.........

laker on the grill ,

vidalialaketrout001.jpg

flipped.....

vidalialaketrout002.jpg

done........

vidalialaketrout003.jpg

Well at least you saved the rigger... Bases are alot cheaper than new riggers... Sounds like the bow action is heating back up, slowed down a bit with all these fronts that have been moving thru.. Good report and keep up the great work Rabbit..

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

Thanks guys , told my better half things were getting better..........doing some work in the new shed pounding some nails in and the board for my plaining board mast fell hit me in the head , lucky it was the flat side of the board and not a corner...... :lol: ......

005.jpg

well the laker is soaking in " Ken's Steak House , lite , sweet , Vidalia Onion dressing " and the bow is covered in brown sugar..........I'll have the laker tonight for dinner and the bow in the next day or so take a bit longer for the brown sugar to do it's majic !!!!!!

Nick it's all my falt , I saw those cracks in that HI base , the middle rigger get more stress on the board than the other two........that's why I bought the low-profile off you....................I'm putting it on as I write this just came in for a break...... :o ......I mean a time away from the job....... :lol::lol: ..... a lot less to go wrong with those....... I still have one HI base on need too much hardware to change that one out now but it's going........that one had a crack in the part the rigger slides on........I just changed that part out...... ;) ...... so the fish gods let me off for my dumbness...... :P

Thanks guys.......

Brother Stan came up today getting ready for our L.O. trip and I grilled up the brown sugar rainbow , basted it with butter/lemon juice/salt/pepper.....it was good........but I also made up some horseradish sauce.......man that took it over the top it was GREAT !!!!!

He's been here for a day now , got eat that rainbow last night. I got the boat ready I HOPE , just have a few thing to pick up at the store in the am , pack truck and head up....................see ya soon !!!!!!! :D