Barcelona for Eyes tomorrow, any info appreciated. thanks

Shorthanded

Shorthanded:

Can't offer too much other than to say its been pretty tough the last few days near

Dunkirk. Lots of deep fish, very few takers, from what I'm told.

Took a shot with another local capt. last night at some inside structure that we normally fish in late June yesterday just to see if there was anybody home. Nope.

John

thanks capt. we found some. lost two BIG fish, one the largest i have personally ever seen. tons of bait scattered yellows. find the pockets of temp from 80-120 fow. blk\slvr deep diveds with 4oz weigbt off the boards took all our fish.

[ Post made via iPhone ] iPhone.png

same points as yesterday. six fish couple

dropped. same hot deep thunderstick 4oz weight 40ft down over 110-120 fow trick was full crawler middle trebble. wire dipsey and board took fish pink/black hatchet 3d tipped w/ gulp 6" pumpkinseed

Shorthanded:

6 fish was good! That was the most I heard today.

We got 5 in today, and missed about the same. Also a laker, and a carload of sheepshead, including one that had to push 10lbs.

80 fow; 175 on the slides with a ring (harness); 70 ft rig (Super Slims) and

of 5 color with 3 oz and a gold/black Kaboom.

John

thanks guys...was a pretty good day

tight thermacline setup. set probe rigger at 80ft 70 deg troll a bit 55 deg deep bait and active fish coming up slaming baits otherwise lots of bait and fish no takers

woody: i will always be a salmon guy but may need a refresher course or two :)

back at it in the am..,weather permitting!

Friday the 2nd I was finding eyes in the top 20' of the water column also-but these weren't the 8 poundrs plus that were deep. I know that on another post someone posted about the water column being the same top to bottom-but I cannot believe that is so. On Friday-the top water on my sonar puck was registering 80+ degrees-which was by far the warmest water I had seen there this summer. I caught 5 running Dave's Kaboom (deep jr thundersticks) up high-and I have never caught eyes that high in the summer at Barcelona or Dunkirk. As long as I was catching and not just fishing-all was good!

Walteye