Monster carp along the eastern wall, sucker runs up the creek, trout that never seemed to hit anything, rock bass off the base of the pier - we were just kids so they were all good. Moved to Webster in '76 & most previous fishing was tagging along at Seth Green or off the pier at Charlotte (or summers on Florida panhandle). Big difference.

i wouldnt even bother going to webster park. i was there yesterday and the depth at the end of the pier was at or less than a foot... It was the shallowest ive ever seen it... The only fish i saw were a few perch. Lost two spoons on the rocky bottom and called it quits.

I had better luck there in the spring when the water was high... caught a few browns and smallmouth off the pier, and a ton of big perch that were in the stream to spawn.

next week might be better seeing as its supposed to rain the next few days... I went to summerville today... had a little white bass on a Yeck... Lost a cleo on a bad snag... No salmon or trout action what so ever... The current was ripping, it was rainy and pretty warm.... Theyre calling for temps in the high 70's all week... but also alot of rain... Im thinking the salmon are gonna stay put in the lake through this week since its gonna be warm... but also since its gonna rain alot as soon as it cools off next week its gonna be cool and high water...which means perfect conditions for fish to run.

Fished the mouth of outlet by boat this morning starting at about 6:20am. Fish were jumping all over almost continuously. They were just off the boat, in shallow near shore and out a ways, flapping around and splashing. It quieted down at 8:15am. Had a nice rainbow hit as I was reeling in my line for the last time pretty much right at the mouth at about 8:10am. Not that big but gave me a nice fight. Got it on a gold and orange rapala down about 3 feet. Trolled and casted spoons and rapalas of all colors......just the 1 fish. better than none!

rainbow_T.jpg

saw alot of fish jumping at the outlet this afternoon. there was a wide current of calm water very visible within casting range where the fishing were jumping within and at the edges. 3 hours and nothing. spoons, rapalas etc...

saw a ton of salmon/trout last night 9pm after the rain stopped in I-Bay just off shore, just north of Bay Village. i could see their wake as they swam just under the surface. 100's of them that i could see were travelling south, were not jumping and were not biting. casted to them from the dock and got no bites even though they were in reach for about an hour. pretty awsome to see this happen but very frustrating. bumped a few with my lure but thats all. glow-in-dark spoons didnt even work :devil:

have had no luck from shore so far. either the fish have been there and not biting, or no signs of fish at all

any luck at webster park yet?

Not that I've seen, although it looks like they might be hitting Webster this weekend. We saw porpoising fish Monday night all around the docks the sheriffs use and couldn't get a single hit either. With this rain, I hope to make the rounds this weekend and find a few.

i have been everywhere between 5 and 9 in the morning or 6 and 11 at night. no luck on boat or pier catching salmon. trout i seem to do ok

was webster park full of weeds? that was the problem last year if the water was rough....leaves and weeds

wind forecast looks bad for fishing piers this weekend

the problem with webster was how shallow the water still is.... Lost 3 cleos in about 5 minutes because of the combination of shallow water and rocky bottom... Hopefully after this rain it will fill up a bit. probably not going to go out at all today... theyre calling for 10ft waves off the lake :o