Canandaigua 9/06

Got out this morning with my Father in-law and his brother in-law. Launched out of Woodville a bit after 8am and quit before noon. Laker bite has been slow for me over the last week so we ran North to target Bows. Marked a bunch of small bait pods over deep water so we stopped about halfway up the lake and started to set up. Ran a six rod spread with 2 wire divers, 2 riggers w/cheaters and 2 cores 6 & 10 color. 6 spoons 1 crankbait on the 6 color and one FF out on the wire. Rigger popped before the spread was out and it was a small laker. Free sliding cheater went off next with a nice average bow. Just a minute later the 6 color start ripping drag with a good bow that took one of the biggest jumps I have ever seen. In the process of this spectacular leep the bow set the other hooks back in her body which made reeling her in quite a chore. Hit another female just after getting that fish in the boat that took the lead as the biggest. Picked up another 2 lakers on the cores. I thanked the guys for letting me real in all the small lakers. :( Made a turn into the waves after a quiet few minutes heading back. Got back north a bit and the rigger takes off just peeling line and even pulled the rod holder down. The guys were nice enough to let me grab this one and what a brute! As I'm fighting this one the wire takes off with a good fish. A couple great runs and 6 netting attemps we finally got the big male bow in the boat. We got the big laker on the wire right to the edge of the net before he shook free. I think we ended up about 11 for 14 dropping the only good laker of the day and a nice bow. Washed the FF at all diferent depths today and took 3-4 on the crank including a fair laker and the rest on spoons.

0906110958_1.jpg

Jim fighting a nice 6lb bow out on the 6 color

crop_090611140501_1.jpg

The single hook spoon did alot of damage to this one

0906111407_1.jpg

Cant belive they let me reel this one in...