Depth Raider at Marine General for $399 shipped

All,

Just as an FYI, marinegeneral.com lists the depthraider for $429 online, but if you call, they offer it for $399, I asked them to include shipping in that price. Picked one up, should be here next week.

Nick

Oh sorry let me clarify.... if you use a cable that is not coated at all (normal downrigger cable), the depthraider will only work down to 60ft. If you use the coated cable it comes with, it will work to about 120ft (blowback becomes an issue).

Fishshack ... yeah I finally bit the bullet... got tired of not being able to catch fish anytime the wind blew or the current picked up! You guys fishing this weekend? It's going to be a tough one!

Nick

• 6 months later...

There is more blowback with the coated cable due to the increased diameter, but most of us counteract it by running heavier rigger weights on our probe riggers. I like the 15# Shark, but others have had good luck with the ATOMMIK 13# torpedos, etc.

Run a heavier weight and blowback just isn't an issue.

i have run the DR for 2 years now and this year i redid the end and didnt tape the end up and got it to 145 feet of cable out with no problems on the readings. i finally retaped it though and still working fine at the deeper depths.

Mine was pretty beat up too, and it worked down to the 150 depths without any problems.