Canandaigua 9/17

It was Bowtastic on Canandaigua again today! Except today I stayed on the north end. It was just me and my almost 3 year daughter today and we got to the boat around 8:30. Started just south of German Bros from 60 fow to 150. marked a few bait pods but nothing like what we found at the spot I've marked on the GPS from about a month ago, north end middle of the lake and about 1/4 mile stretch. It was loaded with fish stacked up on the bottom, bait everywhere and active bows around the 50-60 mark. The first past was greeted by a triple with 2 bows and a laker on the bottom. The 2 riggers parked at 62 and 54 released almost at the exact same time. As I set the hook and take up slack from the instant aerial show, the dipsey set at 250 starts ripping drag! BTW my daughter is to little to reel in fish so she kindly moves to the front of the boat from from some instruction from dad! The first bow put up a great fight with a couple short runs,I get it in, no weight, quick 29 1/2" measurement and released! Second fish in, released at side of boat, about a 20" bow and then 33 1/4" laker measured and released! No pics this trip but the bows had some great red color through the middle all the way to their heads. I almost quit right then but decided to reset and make a trip back through. this time picked another beautiful 30+ inch bow who put up a great fight. turned around and picked up a 17" bow, pulled lines and headed in. All bows we on the riggers with gold or copper spoons and laker on sd/carmel dophin fly. The next couple weeks are only going to get better! If you wanted to jig the bottom is covered with fish right now!.

Can you please tell me your speed?My son and I left from Treman shot up to t-falls and set down to 30-80ft over 120-280.Marked a ton of bait fish tried every color under the sun.Went north to scout camp then trolled to power plant.Then trolled south to Myers with only 3 releases for over 8 hrs of fishing.So the only thing i can think of would be speed.

My grandparents live on the east side near Pelican point marina and i've been keeping my boat there. Skach1, I think you www on cayuga but my speed was between 2.2-2.6. And like I said in my last post, you might as well sleep in because they are not starting to turn on till later in the morning.

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

Great post - the south end was identical Saturday morning. We were out by 6:00 and the drag was ripping by 6:20. We had the usual cast of suspects out in a 6 rod spread and ended up 6/8 with cookie cutter 25" bows and lakers. Unfortunately the 2 we dropped were on the same wire dipsy and they were BIG fish!! Canandaigua is getting better every week!!