Chautauqua 9/28

Went to Chautauqua today and it started out like every other day this year SLOOOOW and by slow I mean I didn't even see a fish from 5:45AM till 2:15 PM.At 2:20 just outside of Lower Dewittville Bay I pulled a fat 42"er from between the deep weed line 11'-12' FOW and 8'-9' FOW. The next fish came at 4:10 about 15' off the boat , hooked her , nice tall walk, unfortunately strait towards me putting slack in the the line and she was gone(mid 40's nice fish :@ ).About 5 or 6 cast later again about 15' off the bow another nice fish (mid 40's) takes a swipe and misses completely.Trying not to pressure the fish I moved on and gave her about 20 minutes and went back and sure enough she took another swipe and totally missed again. Had stuff to get to at home and had to call it a day before 6:00PM or I like to think I could have put at least one more in the boat by sundown.All of the fish I came in contact with were all holding pretty tight to the weeds , all 3 fish went for the 9" Prowler in the Perch pattern water temp was 67 and visibility was pretty good on the north end.

P9280022.jpg