Canandaigua 10.2.11

Kurt and I fished the south end for 3 hours this morning. With wind rocking the boats in the marina and rain coming down we set up heading north just off the drop off on the west side. We worked flashers and flies on 2 wire divers, 2 seven color leadcores on inline boards with a lil cleo and a blue and silver stick bait, 300' copper with glow spinnie and mirage fly,and 50' probe rigger with NK Mag spook. We turned at Cook Point to head back south. We were marking fish in 110-160 fow after washing the first set, I pulled a 7 color swapped it for 350' copper with NK mag Glow Frog on the inline, it wasn't out 5 minutes when the drag started pulling. Kurt cleared the other 7 color and started reeling the other 300' copper and we were doubled up on coppers. I had a good one on, so Kurt was able to muscle his fish in the boat and released him quickly. We were between Cook and Long Point going with the wind. It was nice being able to bring a nice 26" 7 lb lake trout on copper on a spoon and planer board. I usually don't run spoons on the copper due to the kink possibility on deployment. And getting 6 rods in the spread helped us with multiple presentations fine tuning to find the coppers were the hit of the day. Wires and rigger were silent. We varied speed from 2.2 mph- 3 mph. Down temp 50' was 63 degrees. After pulling lines I grabbed the shark weight and it felt so warm in my hands after being out in the wind and rain. We were glad we got out fishing and the marina staff met us at the dock and assisted us in docking. They told us the wind Saturday was worse than Hurricane Irene day, 4 boats broke off their dock lines and they were all slipped up next to the gas dock. We were running on empty all morning and I was hoping to gas up but the gas dock was blocked up.

100_2676.jpg

100_2678.jpg

Nice job Mike and Kurt...I was a little disappointed that in some way shape or form Kurt didn't end up in the water though :D Your fishing stories usually end with Kurt going in after a rod or after the dock...sounds to me like he's a fair weather swimmer :lol: . You gotta love the adventure though don't ever let anyone tell you guys your afraid to go out! Beautiful looking lake trout. Great job guys!

Tom